Monitor having issues with (dark) colors?

nnomel
nnomel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I have purchased the "Acer Predator XB271HU Abmiprz" about a month ago, and i am happy with the monitor, however when i'm watching shows on netflix, the colors sometimes get distorted.
I want to ask the community for a solution before i head over to Acer's support.
Thanks!

Left image: i don't know if it'll show up on your displays, but it's a screenshot of what i "see".
Right image: taken from my phone. the light is reflecting off the screen, so it looks weird, but you guys can see the issue i am trying to resolve.

Best Answer

• MechDragon
    MechDragon Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    The problem is in the monitor. I have the same. Return it to the store while you can. If you want to avoid this problem, then I recommend not to buy monitors with TN matrix, gsync and 144-165hz.

Answers

• Hello! Can you tell the exact model of your computer? Example an515-51-7kz! Have you updated the drivers for your computer? Did you update the monitor driver here? https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Monitor/Monitor_Acer_1.0_W7x86W7x64W8x86W8x64_A.zip?acerid=635847991807540541&Step1=MONITOR&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=XB271HU&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nnomel
    nnomel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello! Can you tell the exact model of your computer? Example an515-51-7kz! Have you updated the drivers for your computer? Did you update the monitor driver here? https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Monitor/Monitor_Acer_1.0_W7x86W7x64W8x86W8x64_A.zip?acerid=635847991807540541&Step1=MONITOR&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=XB271HU&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    The exact model of the monitor is “Abmiprz”.
    & yes i have drivers updated for my computer as well as the monitor.
  • Can you provide the exact model of the computer? Does this problem occur in bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MechDragon
    MechDragon Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    The problem is in the monitor. I have the same. Return it to the store while you can. If you want to avoid this problem, then I recommend not to buy monitors with TN matrix, gsync and 144-165hz.