sound of scratch coming from the motherboard (Brand new acer nitro 5 )

Zezo_Noaman
Zezo_Noaman Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I have a problem with my laptop
I can hear a sound of wired and static electricity coming from the motherboard and it increase when the laptop is plugged in. and go away when turn off or sleep only
what may cause this sound and how it is harmful or not ? and may this is a capacitor or so ? please help 
sorry for my English Cuz I am Egyptian
my laptop is Acer nitro 5
and it is still in warranty but I live in Egypt and I canot send it to USA to use my warranty

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    I can hear a sound of wired and static electricity coming from the motherboard and it increase when the laptop is plugged in. and go away when turn off or sleep only
    what may cause this sound and how it is harmful or not ? and may this is a capacitor or so ? please help 
    and it is still in warranty but I live in Egypt and I canot send it to USA to use my warranty
    Does this sound effect the computer performance? Do you happen to get error messages? Also, have to tested the HDD status. if not please test it in acer care center and check. Most of the times the issue could be with HDD or FAN.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Zezo_Noaman

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    Does this sound effect the computer performance? Do you happen to get error messages? Also, have to tested the HDD status. if not please test it in acer care center and check. Most of the times the issue could be with HDD or FAN.
    no it doesnot affect the performance  and did not get error messages  and I am sure it is not the hdd or the fan 
  • Rudy21
    @Zezo_Noaman

Regardless to the country you are in acer and other brands offer international travelers warranty for selected computers. you can visit the link here and contact acer support in egypt. 
  • Zezo_Noaman

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    @Zezo_Noaman

Regardless to the country you are in acer and other brands offer international travelers warranty for selected computers. you can visit the link here and contact acer support in egypt. 
    I contacted them but the donot want to take the laptop under warranty till acer send them an e-mail to take the laptop under warranty  so I canot use my warranty  
    and donot know is it normal or not ?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 said:
    @Zezo_Noaman

I contacted them but the donot want to take the laptop under warranty till acer send them an e-mail to take the laptop under warranty  so I canot use my warranty  
    Try to reach out acer support in united states and let them know the situation. Check if acer US can connect with acer Egypt.
  • Zezo_Noaman

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    @Zezo_Noaman

Try to reach out acer support in united states and let them know the situation. Check if acer US can connect with acer Egypt.
    I tried and they told me we donot do that and your warranty in US   and I donot know what should I do ? and this sound is normal or not ?
  • Aspire5
    Aspire5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Rudy21 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    @Zezo_Noaman

I tried and they told me we donot do that and your warranty in US   and I donot know what should I do ? and this sound is normal or not ?
    Yes i also getting same sound.. is it normal?? Do anything happened from then to your laptop?? Since you used it from march.. now it is October.. @zezo@Zezo_Noaman
  • Aspire5
    Aspire5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Rudy21 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    @Zezo_Noaman

Or any solution did you get?? Or the sound remained same?? @Zezo@Zezo_Noaman