Liquid Zest Plus T08 will not recognize SIM card and has no IMEI

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'll ask the site moderator!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • unichips
    unichips Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Sincerely! If this firmware was wrong for your device, it would not install and consequently it would not be on the Acer page! There must be some way to fix this problem without reinserting the old firmware!
    The firmware probably would have been correct for a (Single SIM) version of the device sold elsewhere in the world. However, it I think it might have slight incompatibilities with the (Dual SIM) version of the device sold here in Canada.

My fear is that the different versions of the phone are similar enough that the normal precautions the recovery would have used to prevent installing builds for the wrong device type might not have been triggered in the first place (for example, model number T08 vs T07). However, now that I am trying to go back to firmware intended for a Dual-SIM device, I am running into trouble with another recovery protection mechanism, intended to prevent me from "downgrading".
  • unichips
    Options
    I happen to know that the device's bootloader can be unlocked, so I think I might try to find an alternative recovery (such as TWRP) and see if it might be more lenient about allowing me to install the older WW_GEN1 zip file.
  • unichips
    Options
    And putting PA_CA, the dual sim appears?
    I cannot do that. The option does not appear.
  • unichips
    Options
    unichips said:
    I happen to know that the device's bootloader can be unlocked, so I think I might try to find an alternative recovery (such as TWRP) and see if it might be more lenient about allowing me to install the older WW_GEN1 zip file.
    I misspoke. I meant the TW_GEN1 zip file.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'll wait for the site moderator to respond, because as they are acer staff, there might be a solution!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • unichips
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Follow-up:After I gave up and set the phone aside for a while, I recently tried booting it up again to see if I could get anything to work.I immediately received notification of an OTA OS update. It installed, giving me a new security patch, but everything was still broken.

So I checked the support website, and I saw that several other SKUs had also received that security patch. I tried to download and install the latest updated TW_GEN1 and PA_GEN1 files, but just like before, the recovery rejected them because it thought their build dates were older than the build date for the WW_GEN1S build I was already running.

Then I decided to get creative. I checked out the contents of the PA_GEN1 file, and I saw that a particular script file (META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script) was explicitly performing the build date check. I theorized that I could delete that line from the script, and then maybe the update would install normally. Unfortunately, then the recovery refused to process the file because the patched ZIP file no longer had Acer's signature.

Next, I checked again to see if I could find a custom recovery because they generally are more flexible in terms of working with unsigned ZIP files. Finally I found a build of TWRP for my device. I used fastboot to directly boot into TWRP without overwriting the built-in recovery.

TWRP complained about the device model name being incorrect - I think that was actually a bug in TWRP, because the model name in the ZIP file was actually correct. But I discovered that the cause of this abort was actually in the same updater-script file. So I deleted that line too. Finally, TWRP allowed me to install this double-patched ZIP file.

And after I rebooted into the newly updated system, everything is working flawlessly. Both my SIM slots are recognized, the IMEI numbers are being displayed correctly, and the baseband version number is displaying a believable string again. (Previously it was showing "unknown" along with the IMEI numbers.)

So, problem solved!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Glad you could solve the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• unichips
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Glad you could solve the problem! However, the twrp, is not the operating system provided by Acer!
    I know that. TWRP isn't an operating system at all. It's a recovery program. I only used TWRP temporarily, so that I could install Acer's official operating system, bypassing the build date checks that the built-in recovery was trying to enforce.

The file that I actually installed was OS_Acer_1.014.00.PA.GEN1_A60M_A.zip. However, I couldn't install it directly because of an assert in updater-script which prohibited it from being installed because it appeared to be older than the WW_GEN1S OS that was already installed on the phone.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Pardon! I know what twrp is! I think the translation went wrong! In this case, what I meant is that you made a change in the android operating system provided by Acer! Glad you could solve your problem! I will edit the previous post!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer