Acer Nitro 5 - AN515-54-728C Hard drive not working?

Zombiesrppl2
Zombiesrppl2 Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have recently purchased an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with a 256gb ssd and a 2tb hdd. Only the ssd is showing. I can search the computer all day and only one location even reminds me it exists on there somewhere. I can't see it in disk management so I can't try to format it. Is there any other way to make it work? I've only had this for 2 weeks and its really starting to bother me that I can't figure this out

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-7kz! Is hd identified in the bios information section?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

Its an AN-515-53-52FA . 
  • Have you checked that hd is recognized in the bios information section?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

How do i run bios to see? On startup? I had a friend trying to figure it out last night and he says it only registers in one location on the whole computer but he's asleep so i cant ask him.  
  • As soon as you turn on the notebook or restart, press the f2! You should see something like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

He answered me finally and said yes, it shows in bios
  • OK! Go to CORTANA and type disk manager! Send me a photo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

It refuses to show in disk management though
  • OK! right click on the start menu and select the powershell program as administrator. Then enter these commands, giving enter on each: diskpart, list disk! You'll see the two hard drives and then send me a photo so I can see!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

Not sure how to make it show here
  • Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

okay, this is only showing one drive too 
  • OK! Now I want to see this after typing just the diskpart, list disk:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I would like to see a photo of the bios information section and the IRST program!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

just tell me how to get there and I will
  • Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

Here's bios I think
  • Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

How do I pull up the IRST?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Hello! I checked your model, and it came with just the 1tb hd, see: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/AN515-53/NH.Q3ZAA.001.html
    Now, to enter the BIOS, turn off the notebook! Press the power button to turn on the notebook and immediately press the f2 key to enter the BIOS! It has to be fast, that is, you have to press f2 before the acer logo! Then hit a picture with a cell phone and send it here.
    About the irst program, go on start, intel and hit a photo of that program!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

Not seeing "intel" under start at all. I'm about to restart and get bios for you
  • Zombiesrppl2

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    okay I restarted but it gave me no option to enter anything unless I've overlooked it. This is what it gave me. 

[Serial Number was shown in the image posted by user. Hence, edited the image. Acer - David]
  • Do not tamper with the settings of this program, so you do not leave the hard drive as a volume!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer