Keyboard lightning control BIOS update ?

anuraagkhare2121
anuraagkhare2121 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just saw the new firmware 1.13 for AN515-42 which included something like "KB backlight timeout item". Updated but no change in lightning and could not find any other option anywhere. Anyone tried the update?

Best Answer

• anuraagkhare2121
    Answer ✓
    Nevermind. Found the option to Disable the Timer in BIOS settings. Glad that Acer listened to us,

Answers

• anuraagkhare2121
    Answer ✓
    Nevermind. Found the option to Disable the Timer in BIOS settings. Glad that Acer listened to us,
  • AumShanti
    AumShanti Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Wow. Thanks alot Acer!!! Going to update my A515-42 soon. Awesome..
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Bios flash 1.13 works perfectly, no problems and keyboard light stays on but you have to go into the Bios settings (restart F2) and disable Keyboard timer then you can use Fn + F9 to toggle between on and off. Thank you for listening Acer

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nckhammond
    Nckhammond Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Bios flash 1.13 works perfectly, no problems and keyboard light stays on but you have to go into the Bios settings (restart F2) and disable Keyboard timer then you can use Fn + F9 to toggle between on and off. Thank you for listening Acer
    i completely agree! the last time a complained to HP about a bios update issue they provided snarky remark to stop complaining, lol

• vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Good update by ACER 👍👍 . Hope there was a software option to control KB lighting timeout in  ACER Quick Access Application   without going to BIOS . It should be doable. 

Wonder what these changes in the BIOS do ?
    •  Update SMU to v30.80
    • Add SCCM solution