Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Memory Update in Aspire 5 A515-51-58HD

Alex007Alex007 Posts: 3Member New User
We are considering purchasing an Aspire 5 A515-51-58HD. This laptop has 4 gb of memory and Optane Memory of 16gb (which we know is not really memory. The specs say there is a memory capacity of 20 gb. We are unable to email Acer to ask about what is necessary to upgrade the 4 gb to 8 gb or larger or if it is even possible to upgrade physical memory on this model (which tells me that perhaps if Acer is this unreachable it may be a mistake to buy any Acer).   If anyone has this laptop can you tell us about upgrading the memory on it. Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,
    You can upgrade the memory to 20GB with a 16GB module( 4GB On-board +16GB module) or upgrade to 12GB (4GB+8GB). I think 12GB is more than enough.
    Please "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • MRG138MRG138 Posts: 2Member New User
    Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished A515-51-58HD. I am learning to code and am planning on creating some app's related to data visualization. I am looking at upgrading to a 500GB SSD and also a screen upgrade but am considering if I should go with the 8GB or 16GB RAM upgrade for these purposes.