Acer Predator Z1 keeps on turning on by itself

myates010
myates010 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi, sorry if this question has already been asked (the forums are just swamped with monitor turning itself off issues).

Anyway I'm having very big issues with my monitor at the moment which is making me rather worried as when I'm done for the day and I shut down my desktop turn off my monitor after x amount of time It'll suddenly turn itself on again with no prompt (with the massive acer predator logo start-up display). 

To fix this I originally decided the best thing was just to turn it off from the plug each time I shut down. Although this has created a further issue. Now to turn the monitor back on again I have to plug the monitor in and out again several times to turn it on (after being unplugged for a while).

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance for any advice/soloutions you can give. 

Thanks,
myates010

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @myates010

> First unplug all the cables connected to the monitor " even the power plug"
    > Press and hold the power button for 30 - 40 sec
    > Post this connect the monitor with power cable alone and test the device
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • myates010
    myates010 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi @Rudy21,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately this hasn't seemed to fix the issue. :/ so if you have any other piece of advice I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks again
    myates010
  • NickALTMAN
    NickALTMAN Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the same issue and after trying all found on the forums there was no solution. At first my monitor was turning on by itself. Then after few months it did not want to start if I didn't plug it out of the socket.
    But I found the fix. I bought a new cable with the adapter and the monitor works as good as new. It is not even an original cable but a generic MS that can change Ampers and Volts. So I requested a new cable from the Acer servis here in Croatia cause that is what is broken.

I hope this helps for other that are expiriencing the same issue also.