Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Travelmate P248-M Keyboard Lagging

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1.  All Windows patches, Drivers, and BIOS are up to date.

It seemed to get better after a graphics driver update, but now the keyboard lag is back.

Typing has a lot of lag, and frequently skips characters

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,829ACE Trailblazer
    >>>All Windows patches, Drivers, and BIOS are up to date.>>>

What was the original factory-installed Windows version? Win7 or Win10? Were these all generic or ACER-flavored driver updates? And what device problems were you experiencing that you felt these driver and BIOS firmware updates would fix?   Jack E/NJ
  • ZabadohZabadoh Posts: 3Member New User
    edited February 26
    This was the factory installed Windows 7 Pro. I followed instructions to downgrade from the factory installed Win 10 Pro.

After Win 7 was installed, I downloaded the suite of drivers from Acer from the Travelmate P248-M product support page, and installed those.

So far, the only thing wrong that I have noticed is the keyboard lag.  That's all I am trying to fix.
    >>>This was the factory installed Windows 7 Pro. I followed instructions to downgrade from the factory installed Win 10 Pro.>>>

Sorry, I meant only one original factory installed Windows version could've been  on this machine when you purchased it. Do you recall if it was Win7 Home, Win7 Pro, Win10Home or Win10Pro? Jack E/NJ
  • ZabadohZabadoh Posts: 3Member New User
    It was Win 7 Pro
    OK. If the hidden factory Win10Pro recovery partition hasn't been corrupted or deleted, you should be able to either refresh the factory copy of Win10Pro while trying to save your personal files or you can reset everything and install a full factory fresh copy of Win10Pro. You should back up your system whatever you decide to do. The best way to rule out or rule in a hardware problem, is a full factory reset using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery as shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ