Can't Find AcerCloud Client to remove it. It's using too much CPU and I don't even use it.

shaleelo
shaleelo Member Posts: 2 New User

HI, So I am trying my hand at streaming and running the programs is fine on my cpu and doesn't go over 70%. However, I've been noticing that AcerCloud Client (32bit) sometimes decides to take up CPU usage, often maing my CPU usage up to 100% and I don't even use it.  Normally I wouldn't notice but my streaming software (OBS) crashes and disconnects me when CPU usage gets too high and it's really frustrating especially since I don't even use the program.

I've gone looking for it to remove it but in my programs list it's not there.  I've removed Acer Portal because I thought that was it.  

Where is AcerCloud Client?  I want to remove it since its causing a nuisance and I'm not using it anyway.  I have Win 10.  Please help

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Try to remove all the softwares which are listed on this page. Probably with them you can also remove acer cloud.

Also try to navigate to C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer cloud\ and see if you find some sort of setup there which could enable you to uninstall it. If you don't find anything there, try also the Program Files (x86) folder.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Try to remove all the softwares which are listed on this page. Probably with them you can also remove acer cloud.

Also try to navigate to C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer cloud\ and see if you find some sort of setup there which could enable you to uninstall it. If you don't find anything there, try also the Program Files (x86) folder.

• scruziel
    scruziel Member Posts: 1 New User
    The relevant program to remove is Acer Open Platform (AOP) Framework. Remove that and AcerCloud Service goes away. :)
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Thanks scruziel
  • h2ojustaddwater
    h2ojustaddwater Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi!

I tried clicking on the 'this' link so that I could also delete some acer cloud unnecessary files but the page only says error. I can't also find the exact name of Acer Open Platform (AOP) Framework and the whole app is taking up too much space in my laptops cpu..can someone help me pls
  • Qushu
    Qushu Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2021
    Hi guys,

for me this works 100%

1) Open Windows Task Manager
    2) Find Acer Cloud (easy to find since it consumes too much CPU)
    3) Select Acer Cloud and click on DEL to stop the services
    4) Acer Cloud will be closed, it will come back for a couple of seconds to finish whatever it got stucked earlier and vanish in a couple of seconds

Again, this works for me 100%...