Dolby Audio Problem

davidlee64
davidlee64 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Can you help me with the problem of my acer nitro 5 dolby audio software problem. The software proble makes me can't use the cinema/movie/gaming/chat/music mode anymore even i turn it on and off the dolby software. before that i can see the diffrent between the dolby software is on and off but now i cant really see the diffrent because now even i turn on and off the dolby software the sound result is still the same. pls help me

Answers

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi David, visit the support page here and enter your serial number to locate the correct drivers : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers. Once you get them download the Audio driver and extract the main folder to your desktop. Find Setup within that folder and launch it to start an installation of the drivers. Your system may need to be restarted and setup will resume from there, but once it is finished you can try accessing the Dolby software again and see if it works properly. I had a similar issue a few days back and followed these steps to get the Dolby Audio feature working once more. Let us know how it goes!
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • davidlee64
    davidlee64 Member Posts: 2 New User
    yooo braw dclanz yeah i tried it out but the dolby still cant change it mode into movie/game/dynamic mode at all anythings that i still can do ?

• dclanz
    yooo braw dclanz yeah i tried it out but the dolby still cant change it mode into movie/game/dynamic mode at all anythings that i still can do ?

Hey David! Beyond the reinstallation of the original drivers, the only other thing I can recommend is trying to use system restore to go back to a time when the Dolby software worked, unless one of the other members can recommend a better fix. 
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • Arjun2263
    Arjun2263 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey my laptop is also facing the same problem ,what should i do???
  • Dulat
    Dulat Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I also have such a problem: the modes have ceased to switch. It seems. This happened after the update of Windows. What should I do now?
  • dclanz
    Hi all, try the following. Visit the Acer driver website and download the audio driver (this link is for the Acer An515-42: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1). Once you do open up the Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64_A zip file and browse to the Dax2 folder (Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64_A.zip\Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64\DAX2\x64) and copy dax2_app_release_x64 to the desktop. Double click it to install the Dolby Audio X2 app. Launch the newly installed Dolby Audio app from the start menu. These instructions were copied from the clean install guide. Let me know if it helps. :)
  • IgorFazoli
    IgorFazoli Member Posts: 1 New User
    dclanz said:
    Hi all, try the following. Visit the Acer driver website and download the audio driver (this link is for the Acer An515-42: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1). Once you do open up the Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64_A zip file and browse to the Dax2 folder (Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64_A.zip\Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8351_W10x64\DAX2\x64) and copy dax2_app_release_x64 to the desktop. Double click it to install the Dolby Audio X2 app. Launch the newly installed Dolby Audio app from the start menu. These instructions were copied from the clean install guide. Let me know if it helps. :)
    dclanz said:

Mine gave an error when I tried this procedure 😢