Acer Nitro 5 Charging Port

IvanChen
IvanChen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I've recent bought the Acer Nitro 5 laptop and I'm enjoying it quite nicely. But I realized that when the charger is plugged in, it is quite loose. The computer still charges fine, however, I've had a Acer laptop before with the same problem. The charging port in that laptop became dislocated and it failed to charge within six months. I'm wondering if the same thing will also happen to the Nitro 5 or is this just a normal phenomenon?

Comments

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I've had my Nitro 5 since March 2018 (a year, basically) with daily use and regular travel in a backpack year-round. My charging port is not loose whatsoever.

If your charging port is becoming loose it is because the cable is being moved beyond it's workable limit while plugged in. Do your best to limit the cables movement while plugged in as eventually this WILL break the charging port internally. Normal use of the laptop will not result in a loose charging port even after years of use.
  • IvanChen
    IvanChen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tank you for your response. My new Acer Nitro 5's charger is not loose, as in it would fall out, but there is alot of wiggle room for the charger while its plugged in which I find uncommon in other laptops, not sure if yours is the same.

On a side note, while running CSGO, my cpu is usually at 30% while the temperature is around 80 degrees. Occasionally the CPU would just to 100% and my screen would freeze for a second, even though the actions still register. Is there any solution to this?