The CPU clock

AboOmarJeddin
AboOmarJeddin Member Posts: 74 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My cpu is getting capped at base power on battery power and plugged in. But somehow when i sleep and wake up (the laptop) it goes back to normal. if it capped and i use throttlestop and enable turbo it goes back to normal too. Any Ideas
Acer nitro 5 An515-51
GTX 1050 
I5 7300hq

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Restart the notebook and take the test! See the solution found by this user with the real temp program: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/542525/#Comment_542525
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    OK! Try this:
    a) Make a backup of regedit like this:

b) then change this key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\be337238-0d82-4146-a960-4f3749d470c7]
    "Attributes"=dword:00000002

c) You will see something like this:
    IMG
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Hello! I did a test like you! The turbo on my an515-51-75kz, is only activated on the battery when I put to suspend! This is some bug in the operating system and not in your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Is the notebook high performance in power options? Is this setting 100%?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    Yes, I everything is like you said
  • Have you tried disabling quick startup in power options? Have you tried upgrading your notebook drivers here?
    www.intel.com
    www.nvidia.com

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    Yes, i tried and no i didnt disable fast startup 
  • Disable here and restart the notebook:

Have you tried updating the drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    Nope, i restarted whil my laptop was plugged in and whe ni woke up the clcok was over base but when i unplugged it got down to base and capped
  • OK! I would like you to update your notebook drivers on these sites:
    www.nvidia.com
    www.intel.com
    To update the other drivers, use this program: http://download.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online_1991222665.1544923988.exe
    Uncheck all cleaning programs and check only the drivers to be installed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    Still after that the cpu clock wont go over base clock without a battery even with 100% utttiliazatoin
  • AboOmarJeddin
    The second i wake it up from sleep it goes back to full power
  • What is the version of operation system? 1803 or 1809?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    its 1809 so latest
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    already have the driver you showed me, also i did normal startup now what next
  • AboOmarJeddin
    i opened what you sent me and selected to repair what i already have and it did and i rebooted and same problem
  • Are there any antivirus or program installed that might be interfering with the turbo boost? What is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    No, its just regular windows defender 
    Bois 1.21
  • AboOmarJeddin
    Also i also reset the bois to default configuratiosn
  • AboOmarJeddin
    and did a battery rest too
  • OK! I think it's some windows bug!
    First make disk as administrator:

Then go to windows update and check if there are any updates available!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AboOmarJeddin
    I only have 54 mb of win update