WiFi signal doesn't work at all

Mitssu
Mitssu Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi everyone, hope you have a great day
Well, since like 1 month ago I started to have a problem, the WiFi connection didn't work, it just disconnected all of the sudden and if it said it was connected, I couldn't make any website work, it said no connection, but this only happened with the charger. If the Nitro 5 was only under battery, the WiFi connection worked perfectly. I posted this on this website and gave a solution, some things on Power Options, Apply the troubleshooter of Windows in the category of Energy.
I always thought it was something on the pc itself, but well. Lately I have another thing, I was with my sister in the same room while playing a game, I had so much lag and she had nothing. Also, with a friend, we were in the same room too, I only had lag, he didn't. I have 150mbps (download) and still I can't never play, even if there's nobody in my house, I always have lag, I use WiFi signal.
 :'( 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Mitssu!

First, what exact model of your laptop (for example: AN515-51-50U2)?
    What brand and model of your router?
    What game in question is presenting problems?
    Is the device configured in the power options for "High Performance"?
    Are you using the device connected directly to the power outlet?
    All drivers are properly updated for the most recent versions?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Mitssu
    Mitssu Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Nitro AN515-42, Procesador Ryzen 5 2500U, 12 RAM, RX Radeon
    How do I see the model of the router? I have one that my internet company gave me, a local one, Telefonica Del Sur
    I just play League of Legends, so in that game I have problems
    When I use High performance, the problem that happened me before starts to bother me. High performance: Connects WiFi, disconnects, connects, disconnects, and so on... I only can use WiFi with the balanced option..
    I'm using this directly to the power outlet.
    Yes, they're updated

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @Mitssu do you have a network cable to connect directly to the wireless router? The reason I ask is that you can connect via a cable and use the device manager to try and update the drivers automatically (windows update) for the wireless card (as per the screenshot).

If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.