New Nitro 5 laptop has no working keyboard backlight

tskelos
tskelos Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hey all,

recently picked up up the nitro 5 and out of the box the keyboard backlight will not turn on. I know the keys to do so are Fn+F9 just nothing happens. I’ve tried adjusting the display brightness but I’m stumped. Does it need to just be exchanged? A huge bummer if so..

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can try resetting the battery:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If it doesn't help I would suggest you to return the device.

By the way does the F9 key have a symbol ' A in a square'?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• What is the exact model of your nitro? Example an515-51-75kz: https://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/SNID/APP/SerialNumberDetectionTool.exe
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tskelos
    tskelos Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2019
    Tried resetting the battery with no luck. The model is a AN515-42-R5ED

And yes, there is a little a symbol on the f9 key
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    As it didn't work, I don't think there is anything else you can do, so I can suggest you to replace it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!