Install ROM on Acer Iconia Tab B1-710

gigi_dsss
gigi_dsss Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2018 in Tablets
Hi,
I bought 5 years ago, a tablet Acer Iconia Tab B1-710.
The problem is that I have root my tablet and I have deleted some important software.
Now, I can not loading the operating system (Android 4)
I have tried to install cyanogenmod by a zip file, but the operation was aborted.
I have download this: http://www.mtkfirmware.com/firmware/b1-710
But I met the same problem,
Can you help me please ?

(Sorry for my imperfect English, I'm belgian)

Giorgios

Best Answer

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Please try to download OS from acer website and follow the below steps

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4817?b=1
    1. Select the OS tab, and then click on the most recent firmware version.
    2. Click the Download link for the file you want to download.
    3. Use a computer to format your microSD card (512 MB is recommended).
    4. Copy the update.zip file to your formatted microSD card. Do not extract the update.zip file and make sure to place the file in the root of the microSD drive.
    5. Insert the microSD card into the tablet’s memory card reader.
    6. Plug in the adapter and make sure battery capacity is above 30%.
    7. Boot the tablet with a special button sequence. Different tablets may have different sequences:
      • Press and hold the Volume Down button then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button.
      -or- 

• Press and hold the Volume Down button (closest to Power) then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button. When the tablet vibrates again, release the Volume Down button then press and hold the Volume Up button.Once the Power key white LED lights up, release the Power key but still hold the Volume Up key.
    8. Release the Volume Up key when the message Erasing Cache before SD update.... shows on the screen.
    9. A menu may appear. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to move between the options and the Power button to select the highlighted option. You will want an option to apply update from external storage.
    10. Select the update.zip file on the microSD card.
    11. The OS firmware is updated. This process will take a few minutes. The tablet will automatically reboot when it is complete.

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Answer ✓

4. Copy the update.zip file to your formatted microSD card. Do not extract the update.zip file and make sure to place the file in the root of the microSD drive.
    7. Boot the tablet with a special button sequence. Different tablets may have different sequences:
      • Press and hold the Volume Down button then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button.
      -or- 

• Press and hold the Volume Down button (closest to Power) then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button. When the tablet vibrates again, release the Volume Down button then press and hold the Volume Up button.Once the Power key white LED lights up, release the Power key but still hold the Volume Up key.
    8. Release the Volume Up key when the message Erasing Cache before SD update.... shows on the screen.
    9. A menu may appear. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to move between the options and the Power button to select the highlighted option. You will want an option to apply update from external storage.
    11. The OS firmware is updated. This process will take a few minutes. The tablet will automatically reboot when it is complete.
  • gigi_dsss
    Thank you !
    The update of the OS is working !
    My tablet works
    Thank you @Kranthi021
  • gigi_dsss
    Sorry but I have an problem,
    The OS load on demo mode, it's normal ?
  • gigi_dsss
    I have solved the problem,
    You have to go on the setting>Backup and restore>Restore
    After the restore, you are on user mode
  • DOBOSOON
    DOBOSOON Member Posts: 1 New User

-or- 

-or- 

Hi,I tried install OS on my Iconia B1-710 using your instruction step by step,but unfortunately
    when I choose Apply update from external storage,just can see Acer logo on screen (on photo) and after 10s tab turn off,later  display flashes for a second and turn off...
    Any idea how to solve this???
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Which SD card did you use? Is it formated RAT32?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Trudie43
    Trudie43 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have aslo tried to fix my Acer B1-710 and as soon as i choose update via sd card it just go blank i have left it for a while but still stands on a blank screen why is it doing this? :'( . Sd card is formatted fat32 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    On the SD card, what is the filename for the zip file?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.