Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G - Noisy Fan

Options
Elrrith
Elrrith Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Dear all,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor written english. I am a french user and to be honest, without any knowledge of the large IT world.

I recently bought this lovely Swift 3 SF314-52G, which is from far, the best laptop I ever had ! But... (And it's why I am here today) the fans look to be very noisy.

A few days back, I had to move the laptop from the table to another one. When I was moving, after 2 hours playing, the fans were running smoothly, but during my movement, they started to act strangely. Like they were rubbing on something.
I made a few "tests" and here what is happening.

1 - I take the laptop at shoulders' high. Then, I low it to the hips. This sound happens.
2 - I take the laptop and I tilt it left and right. Same sound.
3 - When the computer is flat on a table, the sound never happens.

To me, it looks like the fans are not attached correctly to the structure and "move". The strange sound, like a rubbing, occurs when the fans touch another part of the structure.

Does it look coherent to you ?
Have you ever heard this story before ?

I have been in touch with the seller and Acer, customers services but still waiting for their answer.

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks a lot ! 

Elrrith.

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Elrrith

Tinkerer

Options
    I definitely missed this two answers ! Thanks a lot ! I am going to read this carefully  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Post the result later!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Elrrith

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, it took me ages to decide what to do.

So, last monday, I sent my laptop for repair. It was off for 5 days (very quick I must say) then returned home last saturday. The whole fan system has been changed. It works smoothly now.
    Thank to all of you for your kind answers !
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hamza123
    hamza123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Elrrith said:
    Dear all,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor written english. I am a french user and to be honest, without any knowledge of the large IT world.

I recently bought this lovely Swift 3 SF314-52G, which is from far, the best laptop I ever had ! But... (And it's why I am here today) the fans look to be very noisy.

A few days back, I had to move the laptop from the table to another one. When I was moving, after 2 hours playing, the fans were running smoothly, but during my movement, they started to act strangely. Like they were rubbing on something.
    I made a few "tests" and here what is happening.

1 - I take the laptop at shoulders' high. Then, I low it to the hips. This sound happens.
    2 - I take the laptop and I tilt it left and right. Same sound.
    3 - When the computer is flat on a table, the sound never happens.

To me, it looks like the fans are not attached correctly to the structure and "move". The strange sound, like a rubbing, occurs when the fans touch another part of the structure.

Does it look coherent to you ?
    Have you ever heard this story before ?

I have been in touch with the seller and Acer, customers services but still waiting for their answer.

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks a lot ! 

Elrrith.
    I Am having the same issue need help plz plz plz 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @hamza123 Is your model the sf315-52 too?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer