Major issue BIOS on Swift 3 SF315-52

shoebomber
shoebomber Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
So heres the deal: First thing i do after setting upp my new machine is i go into BIOS and fix all the settings for to start with my pendrive linux. at first reboot it works like a charm, then i do a clean shutdown, boot into windows and then my pendrive will not be good for the UEFI any more. So i try going into the BIOS again, and my password does not work. Luckily i could log into windows and make an update of the BIOS firmware, that sadly enough didnt reset the password (i read that it might). I read around and find out that this is a common issue, but i didnt hear any official stand from Acer about it. So what should i do with my spiffy brand new computer, that was shipped with buggy bios firmware? Is there a way i can see any compensation for this major mistake that renders my brand new computer worthless?

Comments

• shoebomber
    shoebomber Member Posts: 4 New User
    So, here is what I found out: The BIOS in several new Acer laptops does not save the letters 'k' or 'm'. Skipping these letters when you try login to BIOS solves it!

So why are Acer helpers spreading ***** advice like update the BIOS firmware, or reinstall the wicked bloatware from Redmond, Washington? You got a bug and you got a workaround, give correct advice and stop wastimg ppls time!