Does Nitro 5 show frame drops when the charging light flashes while gaming?

Comrade_Brad
Comrade_Brad Member Posts: 46 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm having an issue with my newly purchased Nitro 5. When I am gaming by plugging the charger in, the charging light flashes (on and off and on and off) and there is drop in frame rate. However, it works fine after flashing for 3 or 4 times. 

It's really annoying when you are playing and the frames drop out of nowhere... 

How can I fix this issue? For the record, I'm connecting the charger of the Nitro 5 to a power strip to which I have also connected a router and another laptop charger. 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Current notebooks also use battery power, even when connected to the power adapter, when more performance is required! Set up the battery too for high performance and testing!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Comrade_Brad
    First try power drain.
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Than remove the power strip and connect the charger to the wall socket and check still the light flashes or not.
    For the frames drop uninstall the graphics driver and install the recent one from Acer website and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Current notebooks also use battery power, even when connected to the power adapter, when more performance is required! Set up the battery too for high performance and testing!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Comrade_Brad
    Jack22 said:
    @Comrade_Brad
    First try power drain.
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Than remove the power strip and connect the charger to the wall socket and check still the light flashes or not.
    For the frames drop uninstall the graphics driver and install the recent one from Acer website and check

I'm not losing AC power because there is no change in brightness. It's just that the battery charging light flashes and there are frame drops. But I'm rarely encountering such drops these days so I have stopped worrying too much. Anyway, your answer sounds more tilted towards a serious battery issue. Thanks for the info though!
  • Comrade_Brad
    edited February 2019
    I rarely face the drops these days (I forgot when it happened the last time). Anyway, your answer sounds pretty reasonable. Thanks!
  • OK! You said you were connecting the notebook to the line filter, correct? If so, try plugging it straight into a grounded outlet and then update the drivers with this program: https://drp.su/pt-br
    I do not think it's a battery problem or hardware!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Comrade_Brad
    OK! You said you were connecting the notebook to the line filter, correct? If so, try plugging it straight into a grounded outlet and then update the drivers with this program: https://drp.su/pt-br
    What's a line filter, anyway? Wait! Power strip?
  • Sorry! I meant "power strip"! Have you tried connecting the notebook directly to the electrical outlet and have a good grounding?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Comrade_Brad
    OK! You said you were connecting the notebook to the line filter, correct? If so, try plugging it straight into a grounded outlet and then update the drivers with this program: https://drp.su/pt-br
    I searched for line filter on Google and just figured out we have them in our DoEEE lab only. I'm connecting the charger to power strip.
  • Right! These high performance notebooks, ideally connect it straight into the electrical outlet! You did it? Have you tried updating the drivers? I do not think there is a problem with the battery or the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Comrade_Brad
    edited February 2019
    Sorry! I meant "power strip"! Have you tried connecting the notebook directly to the electrical outlet and have a good grounding?
    I would say 'No'. The charger has a European connector and the wall outlets in my home don't match the charger's. Power strip is my only option. I will buy a connector adapter or I don't even know what that thing is called but when you plug it to wall outlet, the other end has all sort of plug connectors. But will that work?
  • I can not say that with 100% certainty! But these high performance notebooks, you should connect it directly to the electrical outlet! The power strip may not provide enough power for all devices!
    Can you inform the power strip model?
    Do you specify the model of your notebook? example an515-51-75kz!
    You can also try to update the video drivers first here:
    www.nvidia.com and www.intel.com! Then post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer