Tinkerer

How do I change my profile picture?

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ZuShin said:
    Hover on top of your gravtar and click on change picture. Chose any gravtar you like and scroll down to save the changes.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• ZuShin
    ZuShin Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ZuShin said:
    Hover on top of your gravtar and click on change picture. Chose any gravtar you like and scroll down to save the changes.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • ZuShin
    ZuShin Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Thankyou 😊
  • Own_Master_Mad
    Own_Master_Mad Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have the same problem but it doesn't give me the option to.
  • Own_Master_Mad
    Own_Master_Mad Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Oh you have to get the new user rank.
  • Geekstress
    Geekstress Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I had the same question and realized that all the answers I was getting were not fully correct. It may be the website has slightly changed and those who are familiar with making updates didn't realize this. But I don't know that for sure. What I do know is that I figured out what worked for me. Hoping that sharing this information helps others as well.

On the top right, click on your username. It will take you to your profile. Look down to your avatar pic on the right side. Then look immediately to the left of it. There you will see a green button with a person on it along with a down arrow - Click on it. The option to go to your Preferences should become visible. Click on that.

When in Preferences - Option to change your pic isn't obvious. Look to the left side where it has your username and email address. Below that is a box that contains four options. The "Notification Preferences" in that box is green. This indicates which preferences area you are in. However, the way this was designed is confusing. The other three options are simply in black text and nothing else. Normally, websites are designed to have other indicators that those are clickable options for the user. Without this indicator (colored but different color or maybe underline them)... without an indicator, the three options look like text and nothing else. Not good as it makes the user experience more difficult.

In that box on the left, click on "Change My Picture". It will take you to a page of possible avatars. They are all shaded out until you select one. Once you have selected the one you want, scroll all the way down to the bottom, below all the avatar options, and click on "Save Avatar". It should update your profile immediately. This also bugged me. The options to Save Avatar or Remove Picture should have been available at the top as well. Not just at the bottom. Especially considering just how many avatars you have to scroll down through to even see those buttons. But this is just me, previous web designer and coder, being picky.

Screenshots Attached - I included some screenshots to show the things I referred to. It includes what step I'm referring to with each pic. Hope all this helps.

Note - If you are an absolute beginner to the community, it won't give you the option to change your avatar. Once I commented on someone else's post, it popped up with a notification that I now had 100 avatars to choose from and could finally change my profile pic. Beyond having those 100 avatars as your options, I wouldn't know. My activity within the community hasn't been much. But I suspect that the more you are active in the community, the more options will be granted to you on this preference.

1 - When on your user profile page, click on the icon next to your avatar. Drop down box shows the option of Preferences as shown below. Click on it.

2 - In Preferences, click on Change My Picture in the box on the left side.

3 - After selecting an avatar, scroll all the way down to the bottom to save that preference.