Aspire A515-51G won't turn on if battery is anything lower than 100%

LegendaryAlex4
LegendaryAlex4 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys,

So I have an Aspire A515-51G laptop that sometimes just won't turn on. I have had it for like half a year and have been using it a lot. If it is on, the laptop will be dead after a couple of hours (if u don't charge it at the same time as you use it).

For more information about my laptop here is the S/N:

I have been really struggling with this because it sometimes takes hours to turn my laptop on. I hope somebody can help me with this problem.

Thank you,

Alex

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @LegendaryAlex4
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Try to uninstall the battery drivers in device manager and restart you unit and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • LegendaryAlex4
    LegendaryAlex4 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    @LegendaryAlex4
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

Try to uninstall the battery drivers in device manager and restart you unit and check

Do I have to use a paperclip or can I also just use something that fits the same way?

What exactly happens after u try the first thing u told me to do?