acer aspire A515-51G slowed down problem

SatyRana
SatyRana Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am using acer aspire A515-51G. My laptop was working fine, but after using 5-6 days it got very slow, updating software and windows is not helping, what should i do

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @SatyRana
    Try to do a reset once and check
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen.
    3. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" and your computer will boot to a blue screen that says "Choose an option."
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset this PC.
    6. Pick a recovery option: Keep my files or Remove everything.
    7. Click Next and follow the instructions on the screen.
    8. click on remove everything and than click Reset.
    NOTE: By doing reset it will wipe of all data on the unit, it will have the OS and the apps came with the unit.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @SatyRana
    Yes, it will remove everything . You will have the OS and the basic application which came with the unit

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @SatyRana
    Yes, but not sure whether it will fix the issue or not. When the computer prompts "Keep my files or Remove everything."
    click keep my files, so it will remove only the 3rd party software which you installed. It will not delete the data

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @SatyRana
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen.
    3. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" and your computer will boot to a blue screen that says "Choose an option."
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset this PC.
    NOTE: By doing reset it will wipe of all data on the unit, it will have the OS and the apps came with the unit.

• SatyRana

Tinkerer

I have original window and office installed in my laptop,and lots of office and personal data too, will this cause to delete them also? 
  • SatyRana

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @SatyRana
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset this PC.

I have original window and original ms office installed in my laptop, lots of office and personal data too, will it cause to remove them??? 
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @SatyRana
    Yes, it will remove everything . You will have the OS and the basic application which came with the unit

• SatyRana

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @SatyRana

I have lots of data, is there another way around??? 
  • SatyRana

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @SatyRana

Out of one TB i have 700Gb full
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @SatyRana
    Yes, but not sure whether it will fix the issue or not. When the computer prompts "Keep my files or Remove everything."
    click keep my files, so it will remove only the 3rd party software which you installed. It will not delete the data

• SatyRana

Tinkerer

So, i will lose my original ms office too 
  • Hello! Have you checked that the disk is 100% here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)