NEWLY BOUGHT Acer nitro 5 is very very very very slow

iWolFy
iWolFy Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought this acer nitro 5 yesterday and charged it for 8 hours as was told. After starting it up for the first time I've instantly had the problem of this laptop runs extremely slowly, even slower than my old lenovo laptop with an i3 in it. I already 100% regret buying this laptop and when I asked my friends for help they said "that's what you get for buying an Acer product" downloading any driver from the acer site didn't help restarting the laptop didn't help and I can't play my games or anything on this useless laptop because of that. The laptop itself doesent even detect its own graphics card. It took me 40 mins to open the Nvidia control panel (I wish I was joking) it is by far the worst laptop I have ever used. It runs so slowly that it can't even be used as a basic work laptop. I've tried ant fix I could find on the Internet and they don't work. The only time the laptop runs smoothly is the first 30 seconds when it starts up. Is there an ACTUAL fix to this? I really don't want to buy another laptop but if I do it sure as heck won't be an Acer one. 

Answers

• AMyth
    AMyth Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I recommend performing a clean installation of Windows 10. Mine was running fairly slow as well until I replaced my HDD with an SSD and a fresh version of Windows 10. Windows update automatically installed all of the necessary drivers afterwards, and I just installed the new drivers from AMD.
  • iWolFy
    I've tried reinstalling windows and it's still as slow if not slower than before .. I would love a refund on this laptop but that's just not happening .. This is very depressing .. I could run across America before this laptop runs a game... 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    This is a mostly user supported forum simply hosted by Acer. No one here can give you a refund. We're mostly here as volunteers to try and solve problems. To that regard; what model is your Nitro 5? That is the first step in solving most problems; knowing what you're working on.

Secondly; your friends comments are misplaced. They are obvious brand loyalists with bias to whatever brand they are pushing you to. If they can only comment on the brand of the product; they don't know much beyond that.

Are you using the laptop while it is plugged in to AC power, or while running on battery power?

While running, open the Task Manager. In the left pane are your hardware monitoring tabs. Are any of these devices listing 100% usage? This is usually where to start troubleshooting.

Re-installing Windows is often suggested here as a first step to any problem and I think it's a bad recommendation. Why grenade the whole system, rather than troubleshoot a simple problem? If you already re-installed Windows then you need to make sure you have the latest updates/patches, and all applicable Acer drivers offered for your model from the Acer website. This was all pre-installed when you got the laptop which is why it makes no sense to wipe the operating system at the first sign of trouble.
  • iWolFy
    tobimaru said:
    This is a mostly user supported forum simply hosted by Acer. No one here can give you a refund. We're mostly here as volunteers to try and solve problems. To that regard; what model is your Nitro 5? That is the first step in solving most problems; knowing what you're working on.

Secondly; your friends comments are misplaced. They are obvious brand loyalists with bias to whatever brand they are pushing you to. If they can only comment on the brand of the product; they don't know much beyond that.

Are you using the laptop while it is plugged in to AC power, or while running on battery power?

While running, open the Task Manager. In the left pane are your hardware monitoring tabs. Are any of these devices listing 100% usage? This is usually where to start troubleshooting.

Re-installing Windows is often suggested here as a first step to any problem and I think it's a bad recommendation. Why grenade the whole system, rather than troubleshoot a simple problem? If you already re-installed Windows then you need to make sure you have the latest updates/patches, and all applicable Acer drivers offered for your model from the Acer website. This was all pre-installed when you got the laptop which is why it makes no sense to wipe the operating system at the first sign of trouble.
    OK so whenever I try to download any driver from the acer website I get the error message "the version of ROM file is not newer than that of BIOS." I'm using the Nitro AN515-52 I'm using the laptop with the charger connected. When I launch rainbow six siege, the laptop uses 35-40% cpu, 90%memory and 10% disk when I tab out, when tabbed in it uses 40% cpu 87%memory and 80%disk idk what to do .. 
  • SatyRana
    SatyRana Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I am using acer aspire A515-51G. My laptop was working fine, but after using 5-6 days it got very slow, updating software and windows is not helping, what should i do
  • iWolFy
    Mine started working very slowly on the first day... 
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    mine was slow but after windows latest 1809 build and updated bios is fast af
  • iWolFy
    Will buying an ssd help
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi iWolFy,

I am very sorry to hear you're having issues with your new purchase Nitro 5 unit, this sounds more like an isolated issue. Based on the information you've already provided here, i recommend you contacting your local Acer support center for better assistance: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/highpoint-service-network

Please keep in mind (like tobimaru mentioned), this community is not a direct portal to Customer service or Tech Support, Acer moderators may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some will interact with members when appropriate, but primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

• iWolFy
    I bought an ssd and it seemed to make it run faster but it still stutters alot in games such as rainbow six and apex legends is there a way to fix stuttering?