Upgrading the BIOS on my Aspire 5532 after WIN 10 install. Necessary?(Acer Aspire 5532)

MonRis182
MonRis182 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm just wondering after installing Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5532, do I need to update the BIOS?  I also intend to upgrade the Ram to 8 Gigs and the processor from the TF-20 to a TL-60.  So, if it's not necessary to upgrade the BIOS yet, at which point should I?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Only update the BIOS firmware as a last resort to try to solve a serious problem the regular drivers don't seem to fix. BIOS updates carry substantially more risk of bricking or causing serious side effects than regular driver updates. A general rule of thumb is don't try to update drivers and firmware on a functioning machine Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GilMaga
    GilMaga Member Posts: 1 New User
    Dear Sirs,
    I'm experimenting some troubles with my Acer Aspire 5532 and i don't know how to solve them.
    After upgrade Win7 to Win10, it no more starts normally. Indeed, it no more starts at all, however, sometimes, after a long period stopped, it starts and it works normally. I've already loaded the bios 1.11.
    Does anyone knows what's going on?
    Thank's for any help.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

What problem were you having that you thought v1.11 would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ