Crackling noise Acer A515-51G-889Q

Maxpayne4
Maxpayne4 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everybody!

I am experiencing some problems with my sound. After a while, there is a crackling noise, and every solution I've tried, like installing different drivers (Realtek) only solves the sound temporarily. I found out a quick fix. I go to properties of the speakers, and then put it on another samplefrequency rate. Then it is okay for a while, but the crackling noise always comes back. I can fix it quickly, but the root cause is never fixed. 

Anybody any idea what this might be? Or what I can do?

Many thanks in advance
Tim

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried upgrading windows 10 to version 1809? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Great! Continue testing and then accept my answer to get the topic resolved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the realtek audio driver in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

Well. I have installed a different realtek driver yes. Not necesserily uninstalled the first one beforehand. Should I do that to make sure? I thought the new one would replace the old one anyway?
  • Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    When I press also to look for updates it is saying it is working correctly and I have the latest installed. (The realtek driver)
  • Yes, try uninstalling and deleting the realtek audio driver like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

Ok have uninstalled.

Also I have went to an older driver through the properties.. WIll see what happens. Will update soon. 
  • Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Update. No. Didn't help. Started cracking again. I think its strange, because on the properties of the speaker itself, if I change to another frequency rate it is gone for a moment, but always comes back again. Like I said before. Its something else that is returning all the time. Maybe something else is interfering? I couldn't find anything on this particular subject when I do google search. Is it possible to try out a completely different driver?

I will try tomorrow, maybe delete it from the system 32 map. But do I need to do that in safety mode? Because I cannot delete it from system 32. I am not sure if I should do that. But it seems there is a realtek driver in system 32
  • OK! This problem has already been reported in other forums! In a Russian forum, several tests were made and they found that this problem, is not a problem in hardware, but rather a mismatch between the Realtek driver and Windows 10!
    Try updating your drivers with the free version of Driverbooster or driverpack and post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

Thank you will do and will let you guys know!
  • Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

No was not working! However I found this! Will keep you updated if this works!
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/laptop-speakers-crackling-on-windows-10-solved/#m1
  • OK! Try using the driverpack to update the drivers and see if it solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

I have also again uninstalled any realtek drivers like you said. The sound is back for now.
    Also I have done some things with scaling the size of my display to 125 percent. 
    Because there also seems to be a problem with that I found out. I have downloaded the driverpack and that will be next try if this doesnt work. For now I have the sound back for a while. Hope it stays.
  • Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

I have basically done everything at the same time now.. Putting the sample frequency lower, on the cd rate (16 bit 44100 khz) the recommended resolution. Uninstalling the driver. The scale to 125 percent. The energy battery to 100 percent. etc. 

So if all of this together doesnt work, I will try to install through what you said a new driver, and if that doesn't work then I think I've tried almost everything. Will keep you updated.
  • Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

Nope... The crackling noise came back after a day. I must add. I needed to put the scale back to 100 percent otherwise I could not see the bottom of the page of some apps. I will install a driver once more. From driverpack. If that doesnt work then Im starting to run out of options... And then maybe start facing the fact that I just need to keep doing the quick fix thing. Very irritating though. But I have litterally tried everything if this doesnt work. 
  • OK! Install the driverpack and post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

Nope... I did everything, including installing the driver pack. I put the screen scale back from 125 to 100 because some programs I couldn't see the whole screen so I had to put it back. Other then that, I have done everything the same. 
    And the cracking noise came back.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried upgrading windows 10 to version 1809? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maxpayne4

Tinkerer

I think it is solved! Thank you! Since the new windows update you mentioned I haven't had the crackling noise anymore since 2 days
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Great! Continue testing and then accept my answer to get the topic resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer