Bluetooth can pair to an audio device but receives an error when attempting to connect.

schmittycity
schmittycity Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire V3-372T. I can pair with bluetooth devices just fine, but when I go to the windows 10 bluetooth settings and try and connect I get the error "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."

I've tried this with bluetooth speakers, headphones, etc. For some reason with audio devices it refuses. This occured after updating some drivers (I haven't done it since I got the computer a few years ago). This was a big mistake because now I cannot restore previous versions of the drivers in the device manager menu. I do not remember which drivers I updated, but it was most likely all of the ones that were out of date (4 or 5). 

Frustrated, I tried installing each of the three different bluetooth drivers that acer has on the product page:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6399?b=1&pn=NX.G7CAA.001&sn=NXG7CAA00161209CE36600

This didn't work. Thinking that it had to do with the audio driver I tried that as well, no luck. I ran windows DISM tool and it's system filechecker and there were no errors. SO it's not a windows 10 thing and more likely only a driver issue.

Any suggestions??

Aspire V3-372T

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>> cannot restore previous versions of the drivers in the device manager menu.>>>

Do you mean all the rollback options are grayed out? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>> cannot restore previous versions of the drivers in the device manager menu.>>>

Do you mean all the rollback options are grayed out? Jack E/NJ
    Yes. The option is grayed out. 
  • JackE
    Uninstall all the BT drivers from Device Manager including those you might find under the network folder. Don't manually re-install any of them. Exit Device Manager. Reboot the machine and let Windows auto re-detect BT and re-install the drivers it wants. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Uninstall all the BT drivers from Device Manager including those you might find under the network folder. Don't manually re-install any of them. Exit Device Manager. Reboot the machine and let Windows auto re-detect BT and re-install the drivers it wants. Jack E/NJ
    This did not work. Still no luck.
  • JackE
    OK. If other BT devices still connect, uninstall audio devices. Exit Device Manager without re-installing. Reboot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. If other BT devices still connect, uninstall audio devices. Exit Device Manager without re-installing. Reboot. Jack E/NJ
    The bluetooth devices do not connect. They ONLY will PAIR. It's very frustrating to pair a device but then try to connect to it only to come up with the error "make sure the device is still on and discoverable"
  • JackE
    OK. Download and try running iobit's DriverBooster freeware. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Download and try running iobit's DriverBooster freeware. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Jack E/NJ

I updated all my drivers over the course of two weeks and nothing has been fixed. I can still pair, but not connect. 

I'm thinking that this could be something with the audio drivers / settings on the computer as bluetooth does a fine job pairing. Like maybe something is interfering with it.
  • JackE
    >>>I can still pair, but not connect.>>>

Do you recall BT ever being able to connect? If yes, approximately how long ago did BT actually connect and with what BT device? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ