Acer Nitro 5 (model AN515-42-R8HN) issues

One2Two
One2Two Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought my Acer Nitro 5 last December and I must admit, I'm really happy with it despite the lack of rams in it and a very few games that can be played at max settings... But that can always be upgraded/fix anytime and actually I'm about to install my first upgrade to it by adding an m.2 when suddenly my laptop then just ceased to function. It all started when i was playing a game and then the game suddenly felt like it was skipping frames and kinda felt slow... Like dual core celeron type from the 90's kinda slow. So after that I decided to restart the thing and after the restart, it got stuck in the acer screen. Tried resetting the thing and it keeps on telling me there's something wrong with it and it won't push thru with the process. Can't find the system image recovery I made when I first bought it. Did the bios reset/restore factory settings then save and exit and still nothing... Any suggestions on how to fix it or should I just book an appointment to get it serviced and have it repaired?

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@One2Two,

From the brief description, It is clear that image of Operating System in the hidden partition is corrupted and that is the reason why it fails in resetting. At this point, I recommend you to call Acer Technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and book the unit for repair. As you purchased the unit last December, it should be having 1yr warranty. Hence, the repair will be covered under warranty. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• One2Two
    One2Two Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

One2Two said:
    I just bought my Acer Nitro 5 last December and I must admit, I'm really happy with it despite the lack of rams in it and a very few games that can be played at max settings... But that can always be upgraded/fix anytime and actually I'm about to install my first upgrade to it by adding an m.2 when suddenly my laptop then just ceased to function. It all started when i was playing a game and then the game suddenly felt like it was skipping frames and kinda felt slow... Like dual core celeron type from the 90's kinda slow. So after that I decided to restart the thing and after the restart, it got stuck in the acer screen. Tried resetting the thing and it keeps on telling me there's something wrong with it and it won't push thru with the process. Can't find the system image recovery I made when I first bought it. Did the bios reset/restore factory settings then save and exit and still nothing... Any suggestions on how to fix it or should I just book an appointment to get it serviced and have it repaired?
    Btw here's a spec sheet of my unit
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@One2Two,

From the brief description, It is clear that image of Operating System in the hidden partition is corrupted and that is the reason why it fails in resetting. At this point, I recommend you to call Acer Technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and book the unit for repair. As you purchased the unit last December, it should be having 1yr warranty. Hence, the repair will be covered under warranty. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)