Nitro AN515-42 RAM upgrade

vkk
vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just got this laptop . All fine so far , except I find it laggy at times . I plan on upgrading the RAM  & add SSD  over the course .  I see only around 2GB  RAM free with normal browsing   so first plan to add more RAM . The laptop  came with Hynxix RAM  and am looking to add  additional 8GB RAM .Not  really  a heavy gamer so  not sure if 2666 RAM  or faster  RAM would matter  ?

Im looking at these 2 RAMs 
1) https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1544558040&sr=1-1&keywords=ddr4+ram+laptop 
2) https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-ValueRAM-2400MHz-Non-ECC-KVR24N17S8/dp/B01GCWQGIY

Would these be compatible and  run in in dual channel mode ?   There are mixed opinions about  RAM matching and running in dual channel mode  . If not any suggested alternatives ?  At the moment the crucial one seems more attractive in terms of  price .Thanks 

Best Answers

• vkk
    Answer ✓
    I installed the Kingston RAM which had exactly the same timings as the Hynix  now running in dual channel .
  • gshaw
    gshaw Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I installed the Crucial one. And it is working perfectly with the pre-installed Hynix, in dual channel mode.
  • vkk
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    gshaw said:

I installed the Crucial one. And it is working perfectly with the pre-installed Hynix, in dual channel mode.
    I almost got this . Either ways it should  have worked out . The RAM I got had identical timings and Jedec numbers , better compatibility I suppose.

Answers

• Hi,
    Crucial RAM will be fine but the Kingston module is for Desktops, you need to buy a SODIMM module.
  • aditya_dope
    aditya_dope Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have the laptop it supports 2400 also if 2666 works Hynix being 2400 both combined will work at 2400
  • This is the memory that is compatible with your notebook:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vkk
    I have the laptop it supports 2400 also if 2666 works Hynix being 2400 both combined will work at 2400
    Is it doing dual channel ?
  • vkk
    Answer ✓
    I installed the Kingston RAM which had exactly the same timings as the Hynix  now running in dual channel .
  • gshaw

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

• Diedes
    Diedes Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Just curious, after installing the extra RAM, the lag was totally gone? And are the average core temps lower than before?
  • vkk
    Diedes said:
    Just curious, after installing the extra RAM, the lag was totally gone? And are the average core temps lower than before?
    Lag while multi tasking has reduced . i.e.  you hare having 15 browser  tabs   and openign up few VMs . If you just want to play a game with nothing runnign in the background  8 GB should be ok .  Win10 loves  RAM .  Now I generally have 6 GB free  from earlier 1 GB .. It all depends on the usage . Ideally try to add a SSD first 
  • vkk
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    gshaw said:

I almost got this . Either ways it should  have worked out . The RAM I got had identical timings and Jedec numbers , better compatibility I suppose.
  • NuVEDDE
    NuVEDDE Member Posts: 3 New User
    This is the memory that is compatible with your notebook:

Hi, do you have such a table for M.2 SSD?
    Will CRUCIAL MX500 1TB, CT1000MX500SSD4 be compatible? Or, the maximum size is 256 GB?
    My setup:
    Nitro AN515-42 (NH.Q3REC.007)
    *News: Upgrade RAM to 32 GB
  • here my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NuVEDDE
    edited January 2019
    here my friend:

Thanks!

So i install a bigger ssd than 256GB, M.2 1TB it will not work properly?  :/  :'(
  • This list is from the hardware that was tested by Acer! Is your ssd being recognized normally?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NuVEDDE
    edited January 2019
    This list is from the hardware that was tested by Acer! Is your ssd being recognized normally?

Okay.

Yes https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-42 (Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD4) maybe not have problem to be after the purchase.

• Post the result here when installing ssd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• akshanshkumar
    akshanshkumar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@gshaw is your system working fine with crucial stick? 
    i am planning to add same as it is cheap and best solution available in India as of now.
    give a long term review

• gshaw

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    i am planning to add same as it is cheap and best solution available in India as of now.
    give a long term review

Working perfectly. Two months now. No issues at all...
  • akshanshkumar
    akshanshkumar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

gshaw said:
    give a long term review

Bro i bought crucial one 
    but getting blue screen errors "memory management"
    I dont know why it's not working for me. 
    using any single stick the system is ok 
    But on dual channel i get error. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    What is the exact model of ram you bought? What is the bios version? What is the error code? @akshanshkumar

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vkk
    gshaw said:
    give a long term review

Bro i bought crucial one 
    but getting blue screen errors "memory management"
    I dont know why it's not working for me. 
    using any single stick the system is ok 
    But on dual channel i get error. 
    What is the RAM  model that came with your laptop  ? If its Hynix , then get the kingston value RAM with exact RAM timings . Refer above posts