Temperature CPU i7 8750h (Nitro 5 an515 52 )

Ardizz
Ardizz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,
I bought, in november, a Nitro 5 an515 52 (i7 8750h, 1050ti and 16gb of ram)... It's my first notebook gaming, i know that high temperature of cpu can damage this, so when i play, i set the fans at "max" in the nitrosense. But he reaches (only in games like Apex legends, Farcry 5 and other heavy games, i play with all games in "high" presets) for 2 or maximum 5 seconds 90/93 degrees... in average he stay 70/80 degrees (average for all the games i play)... So the cpu damages if it stay at 90/93 degrees for only maximum 5 seconds (with only heavy games)?
Sorry for my very bad english...
Have a good day to everyone!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Download HWiNFO and check the average temperature. If it doesn't go higher than 85C, then it is fine. You can further reduce the temperature by undervolting with throttlestop. For more information of how to undervolt go to section 1 in this post:

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ardizz
    Ardizz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Good evening.
    I had just finished play apex (the game with the high temperatures...) so in Hwinfo the average of package is 70°. Only one quest: Why in hw the maximum temperature of package is 93 and in nitrosense is 89 degrees?.
    Anyway i think that there aren't a problem, the average is less 85 so much... Thank you !
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Nitro Sense is not very accurate in displaying temperatures.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!