Acer VN7-591G w/ Intel® HD Graphics 4600 - 4k @ 60hz?

Yip
Yip Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
A bit weird but Intel's website says it could support: Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4)‡3840x2160@60Hz, but i get 30hz, why is that? Tried installing manual drivers for monitor, as well as latest acer official drivers as well as intels latest drivers. Is Intel website info just plain out wrong?
Other than that, even on 30hz I get 100ms input/output lag. With a 5ms external monitor

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It isn't input lag what you are getting. 30Hz is just not smooth. Pixel response time of 5ms has nothing to do with input lag. Input lag delay is not mentioned on the specs.

It is not that intel is wrong, it is just that the version of the HDMI port on your device is 1.4, which supports 4K resolution up to 30Hz.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Yip
    Yip Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah i know 1.4 is not supposed to run 4k @ 60hz, but Intel's page specifically says it can run 3840*2160@hz over HDMI 1.4: https://ark.intel.com/products/78930/Intel-Core-i7-4710HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-50-GHz-    Why is that? Plus I could not find any information if this applies to my laptop model.

Specs:
    Model: Acer VN7-591G-TX
    CPU: i7-4710HQ
    GPU: Intel HD graphics 4600 & Nvidia GTX 860m
    Second screen: LG 27UK560

I know 30hz is not smooth but I tested the input lag, cause its so laggy even for 30hz. in underneath picture you can see a 70ms time difference and it can get even higher. test done by duplicating the screen then running a timer an make a photo of it so you can see the time difference. Apparently this lag is a common issue trying to run at 4k and supposedly fixed by intel by updating driver for 6th gen processor and up, but I have 4th gen. I was just wondering if there was another way to fix this.c
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Apparently this lag is a common issue trying to run at 4k and supposedly fixed by intel by updating driver for 6th gen processor and up, but I have 4th gen. I was just wondering if there was another way to fix this.c
    Have you tried updating the Intel driver to latest version from Intel? If it is a driver, I am not sure whether there is a way to fix that.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!