Predator sense not opening (Predator PH315-51. (i5 8300H and GTX 1050Ti)

SamZ_
SamZ_ Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everybody,
Its been 4 days since I have ran into infinite unsuccessful attempts of opening successfully opening predator sense. I will give information how the issue occurred.
It all happened one day, when I wondered why don't I update my windows? I was on version 1703/1709 (not sure which one), and upgraded to 1809. When I played some games on 1809, I saw my GPU usage was limited to 80%, I googled it and saw that many people had it and there was no fix except rolling back to old windows. Of course there fix fixed like turn gamebar of etc, but they were of no use. So when I was on 1809, predator sense was working, when I was on 1703/1709, it was working. Then I downgraded back to 1709 using windows roll back feature, now when I downgraded, my predator sense doesn't open up, it just opens, shows me glowing predator logo and doesn't open up. Miraculously, if I click on 'check for uptdate' option @windows update, I don't get the 1809 update anymore.
I have tried EVERY possible fix on the internet except for resetting windows, I really don't want to reinstall everything. Please DO NOT post any solution like, install turbo boost, re install, I have tried it like 50 times now, no success. 
Please tell me an actual fix for this.
Predator PH315-51. (i5 8300H and GTX 1050Ti (Indian variant))

Comments

• SamZ_

Tinkerer

So no one got a fix? Not even admins? Lol k 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamZ_

Tinkerer

I tried to install v2.0 and v1.0 of predator sense, when I was installing v1.0, it showed me unsupportable device or something like that, when I installed v2.0, of had the same problem.
  • Saad98
    Saad98 Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2018
    Try soft reset of windows. Only reset the windows from inbuilt reset option and only select to format the drive on which windows is installed. 
  • UniverseGOD2525
    UniverseGOD2525 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Literally nothing is helping. I don't even know what happened that led to predator sense not opening!! 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • UniverseGOD2525
    I tried to run this one but same problem here as well. I tried to automate the service in Services but that doesn't help either. 
  • Make sure your drivers are up to date with the free driverbooster version!
    Then go to the intel and nvidia website and download the updated video drivers!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• UniverseGOD2525
    Make sure your drivers are up to date with the free driverbooster version!
    Then go to the intel and nvidia website and download the updated video drivers!
    I have updated all my drivers from free driverbooster(then restarted pc) and also my gpu is updated. Still Predator Sense doesn't start
  • Try updating the windows version for the 1809: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    I recommend you back it up!
    Then download the predator sense file I sent you!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Literally nothing is helping. I don't even know what happened that led to predator sense not opening!! 
    Probably windows updates for sure they always mess everything up backup all important stuff and acer factory reset (ALT+F10 on boot) windows factory clean fresh install also according to what i had read you upgraded and downgraded/rolled back a few times that's not healthy neither for windows neither for the software installed some registry keys from PS certainly got corrupted in the process and even reinstalling won't fix it i really recommend a fresh install but it's up to you i personally think u might not have any other alternative to fix it though

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• UniverseGOD2525
    xapim said:
    Probably windows updates for sure they always mess everything up backup all important stuff and acer factory reset (ALT+F10 on boot) windows factory clean fresh install also according to what i had read you upgraded and downgraded/rolled back a few times that's not healthy neither for windows neither for the software installed some registry keys from PS certainly got corrupted in the process and even reinstalling won't fix it i really recommend a fresh install but it's up to you i personally think u might not have any other alternative to fix it though
    So, I reset my laptop and removed all the files. It caused so many problems. The right-click became slow (clicking it would load something for a long time) because of broken gtx 1060 display driver. I uninstalled the display drivers and tried to install the display driver downloaded from the nvidia website. That driver wasn't installing because it couldn't detect my gtx 1060. After searching and trying methods online I went to device manager and clicked on update drivers of gtx 1060 adapter from local files and thank god it worked! And ofcourse, the predator sense is working now as well. I will be setting all my internet connections to metered because windows updates can cause havoc. 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    xapim said:
    So, I reset my laptop and removed all the files. It caused so many problems. The right-click became slow (clicking it would load something for a long time) because of broken gtx 1060 display driver. I uninstalled the display drivers and tried to install the display driver downloaded from the nvidia website. That driver wasn't installing because it couldn't detect my gtx 1060. After searching and trying methods online I went to device manager and clicked on update drivers of gtx 1060 adapter from local files and thank god it worked! And ofcourse, the predator sense is working now as well. I will be setting all my internet connections to metered because windows updates can cause havoc. 
    You can just disable them if you want mine are i have the registry keys to enable and disable it already posted them in a thread here :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• SamZ_

Tinkerer

So, I need to reset my entire laptop, remove everything and install everything back again just because of fault of stupid windows autoupdate? Really, there is no other fix to this?
  • OK! Before reinstalling the predator sense, you must first install this app:

then run setup!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yason
    Yason Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

According to your model name "Predator PH315-51", you can download the original version of PredatorSense from Acer support web site (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7603?b=1), if you are not the White Edition, you should use 3.01.3002 version.  

Make sure the old version is removed from OS via All Settings -> Apps & features, and the use "Setup.exe" to install the PredatorSense.
  • SamZ_

Tinkerer

Oh my god, after 5+ months of searching I finally fixed this WITHOUT REINSTALLING ANYTHING!
    Here is how I did it, first have a look at this thread, I LOVE THE GUY WHO POSTED THIS THREAD:
    So I had exact same processes in my task manager, so I tried what he did but I had no luck, so then I went to my predator sense folder, right clicked on my PSLauncher.exe and clicked on run as administrator and BOOM!!!!

• Great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Put your answer as solution by clicking "Yes"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    That worked for me.

In the installer folder of the Predator Sense, there is subfolder "PredatorSenseV3.1". ( At least for my version of the program ) After the instalation of the program, you have to open the file e917f4dfb84a45c2be385f83479d3c9a.appxbundle from that subfolder (maybe different file name for you system, but look for .appxbundle). And then the predator sense works. Hope it works for you too.