when I plug in charge n work I feel light electric shock on the side panel of laptop

puskar
puskar Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello, 
last week I bought a acer Aspire 5 A515-51g- 58t1 i5 laptop. when I plug in charge n work I feel light electric shock on the side panel of laptop where the steelness steel. its totally uncomfortable and disturbing while typing.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @puskar 
    Please contact Acer support. they might help you in fixing it. But make sure since you get electric shock send the charger along with the unit for repair and dont use the laptop. Just keep the laptop shutdown
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi puskar,

I am very sorry to hear this.

Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Joben
    Joben Member Posts: 21 Networker
    edited February 2019
    I have also this problem and I also recently got my new laptop a steel body type. I only feel static discharge when it is plug in. 

Hope this works for you since this is what I did. No more static discharge when charging.

I bought m2 ssd and make it my primary drive and also for OS. 
    I then remove my HDD, put it back on.

Then I conclude that HDD power usage/voltage is high that affecting the electric discharge; thus m2 ssd has low power. HDD work less where I can't even hear any sound coming from my laptop. Of course if its working specially at peak usage then it is spinning and I can hear sounds.

I'm not techie, I search all the web concerning the issue. Others said "ground yourself". Or use ground outlet, use static floor-mats and others. I did all of them but sadly it don't work.

My household uses acer laptops, I kinda borrowed my wife's laptop charger and used it. Same with my daughters laptop charger, I used it  but sadly its not the chargers fault. 

I put plants that lessen static charge in the room, I put lot of rings in my fingers (cause they are metal) to try if its work. Sadly it doesn't work.

I consult to the Acer service center near the city I lived in. He told me that it is only natural cause I have metal body laptop and suggest that I return it to the store where I bought it.  That is ridiculous, it is a new laptop. 

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Joben,

Sorry to hear this.
    What is the name of the Service Center you contacted? 

Can you please also send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,

Acer-Manny