acer aspire gx-281 Ram max speed

ojiz1
ojiz1 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello!
what is the max supported ram speed on acer aspire gx-281? 

Best Answers

• ojiz1
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    ven98 said:
    Can you post your system's specs(CPU, RAM, ram frequency).
    Yes ofcourse my mistake!
    Model: 7265NGW
    GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1070 with  8 Gb vram
    CPU: Upgraded from amd ryzen 5 1400 to Ryzen 1700x
    RAM: Upgraded from 8 Gb to 2 x 8 Gb DDR4 2400 MHZ (Adata original and new Kingston)
    I watch and read a lot of stuff about Ryzens and what I understand was that Ram Frequency Speed is key point in performance and that´s why I´m asking that can I upgrade to 16 Gb 3200MHZ or is the motherboard support limited to 2400 MHZ?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The maximum supported memory speed is 2400MHz. The RAM speed that is above 2666MHz is only achievable with overclocking. In other words the 3200MHz you want to purchase is overclocked RAM and the overclock is applied through an XMP(extreme memory profile). The BIOS most likely doesn't support overclocking(XMP)(you can easily check that by simply entering in BIOS). 

If you put a 3200MHz memory in your system it will work at 2133 or 2400MHz in other words the frequency supported without overclock.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Install HWiNFO and report the CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming. Also does this short freezing occur in every game? If it doesn't happen on every game it would be nice to tell the game titles on which it occurs.

What I can tell for sure is that the CPU isn't the bottleneck, so at the moment you don't need a better RAM anyway.

I would suggest you to try 417.22 driver version from nvidia and if that doesn't help try with 399.24
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• ven98
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ojiz1
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    ven98 said:
    Yes ofcourse my mistake!
    Model: 7265NGW
    GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1070 with  8 Gb vram
    CPU: Upgraded from amd ryzen 5 1400 to Ryzen 1700x
    RAM: Upgraded from 8 Gb to 2 x 8 Gb DDR4 2400 MHZ (Adata original and new Kingston)
    I watch and read a lot of stuff about Ryzens and what I understand was that Ram Frequency Speed is key point in performance and that´s why I´m asking that can I upgrade to 16 Gb 3200MHZ or is the motherboard support limited to 2400 MHZ?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    The maximum supported memory speed is 2400MHz. The RAM speed that is above 2666MHz is only achievable with overclocking. In other words the 3200MHz you want to purchase is overclocked RAM and the overclock is applied through an XMP(extreme memory profile). The BIOS most likely doesn't support overclocking(XMP)(you can easily check that by simply entering in BIOS). 

If you put a 3200MHz memory in your system it will work at 2133 or 2400MHz in other words the frequency supported without overclock.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ojiz1
    edited February 2019
    Many thanks to you , that clarifies much for me. 
    Why I asked this was because my computer is not performing very well in gaming. For example Blackout max settings 1080p I got avg. Fps around 70-80 but the problem is that min fps is just 1 and the game freezes for about 10 ms very randomly. Any ideas what is bottlenecking or the problem?
    Drivers are latest in nvidia and cpu usage is 40-50% and gpu about 80-99 %
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Install HWiNFO and report the CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming. Also does this short freezing occur in every game? If it doesn't happen on every game it would be nice to tell the game titles on which it occurs.

What I can tell for sure is that the CPU isn't the bottleneck, so at the moment you don't need a better RAM anyway.

I would suggest you to try 417.22 driver version from nvidia and if that doesn't help try with 399.24
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ojiz1
    ven98 said:

CPU TEMP: 50-60 and GPU 68-72
  • ojiz1
    edited February 2019
    I may solved the case with Blackout. I uninstall current nvidia driver and installed what you suggest (417.22), then also put the gpu fan to max, and in game settings choosed manual CPU priority, then in taskmanager set the priority to high. 2 hrs gaming with max 1080p and just ONE stutter. CPU was 50-60C and GPU around 70C. This is so awesome, thanks a lot for helping!  What about Apex Legends performance in ultra and 1080 p with my specs? I got good avg 90 fps but min fps can be 25 fps or even below. I guess it is because of GTX 1070 are not enough powerful?

• accers
    accers Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    ven98 said:

Hi I have gx 281 with nearly same setup ryzen 1600 gtx 1070 b350 motherboard 2x8 16gb cl17 crucial ram.My motherboard is locked.If i buy kingston 2666mhz cl15 ram can i use it without do anything  on 2666mhz cl15? and by the way can I upgrade to ryzen 2600 or 3600 because as far as i know all b350 motherboards support the ryzen 2. and 3.generation CPU s with bios upgrade or whatever.Thanks in advance...
  • Deqapy
    Deqapy Member Posts: 2 New User
    How do you enable XMP through the BIOS? I cant seem to do it for some reason. On most of the things I cant even mess around with the settings too. Im new to computers so I dont really know whats going on.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Deqapy said:
    How do you enable XMP through the BIOS? I cant seem to do it for some reason. On most of the things I cant even mess around with the settings too. Im new to computers so I dont really know whats going on.

The BIOS on Acer laptops does NOT support xmp overclocking

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★