Hi, I have aan Acer swift 3 SF315-51G and the camera and microphone are not working

zishansidekick
zishansidekick Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I dont know since when the camera and microphone are not working and is really annoying. Can someone please help. I also belive i do not have the drivers for either and cant find them.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow driver warnings? ACER drivers are available from this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7306?b=1 Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    No. I did not see any warnings 
  • zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow driver warnings? ACER drivers are available from this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7306?b=1 Jack E/NJ

Also there no drivers for camera and I believe the audio drivers are no good fot microphone. And no warnings in the device manager
  • JackE
    Is the camera listed in Device Manager under 'Imaging Devices' folder? If yes, is it working properly. For the microphone, right click on the speaker tray icon. Click recording devices. Do you see any microphones? If not, click properties and enable them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Is the camera listed in Device Manager under 'Imaging Devices' folder? If yes, is it working properly. For the microphone, right click on the speaker tray icon. Click recording devices. Do you see any microphones? If not, click properties and enable them. Jack E/NJ
    No imaging device folder and microphone is enabled but not working while i test it. But im reinstalling audio drivers right now. But for camera i am helpless
  • zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    No imaging device folder and microphone is enabled but not working while i test it. But im reinstalling audio drivers right now. But for camera i am helpless
    Do you want me to post the screenshot of device manager?

• JackE
    Click on Device Manager view tab. Click hidden devices. Does the Imaging Devices folder show now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    I reintalled but are not working for input
  • zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Click on Device Manager view tab. Click hidden devices. Does the Imaging Devices folder show now? Jack E/NJ
    No
  • JackE
    Under sound, video, & game controllers in Device Manager, do you see a camera listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Under sound, video, & game controllers in Device Manager, do you see a camera listed? Jack E/NJ

NO
  • JackE
    >>>I dont know since when the camera and microphone are not working>>>

Have you ever used the camera or microphone? If yes, how long ago? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    >>>I dont know since when the camera and microphone are not working>>>

Have you ever used the camera or microphone? If yes, how long ago? Jack E/NJ
    Yes a long time age. I dont quite remember since when they were are not workin. Almost 9-10 months. 
  • JackE
    Unfortunately, too long ago to try to use a Win10update restore point. So the best way to rule in or rule out hardware issues is with an  ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset while erasing everything --- or --- a factory refresh while trying to save your personal files. In either case, you should first back up or make an image of your system using AOEMI BackerUpper freeware or Macrium Reflect freeware. Then follow the instructions as in the video below. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA  

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Unfortunately, too long ago to try to use a Win10update restore point. So the best way to rule in or rule out hardware issues is with an  ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset while erasing everything --- or --- a factory refresh while trying to save your personal files. In either case, you should first back up or make an image of your system using AOEMI BackerUpper freeware or Macrium Reflect freeware. Then follow the instructions as in the video below. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA  

i already did refresh my pc and again reinstalled windows but no help. Also a point to note is that my laptop came with windows 10 home and i have pro right now. And in all cases i refreshed my pc using windows 10 pro, if that makes any differrent?
  • JackE
    Yes, unfortunately, it does make a difference.  When did you install Pro? Pro probably wiped the hidden ACER-flavored Win10 Home recovery partition so the ALT+F10 cold boot method won't work any more. The Pro recovery method from inside the Pro operating system is NOT the same as the ALT+F10 cold boot ACER recovery method. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Yes, unfortunately, it does make a difference.  When did you install Pro? Pro probably wiped the hidden ACER-flavored Win10 Home recovery partition so the ALT+F10 cold boot method won't work any more. The Pro recovery method from inside the Pro operating system is NOT the same as the ALT+F10 cold boot ACER recovery method. Jack E/NJ
    any solution i can use now.
  • JackE
    edited November 2020
    If you're absolutely sure ALT+F10 doesn't work (you must press and hold the ALT key and start tapping the F10 key immediately after turning the machine on---don't wait for the ACER logo splash screen to appear), then the next best way is to buy the ACER recovery USB or DVD media based on your machine's serial number id (SNID) from the ACER online store https://store.acer.com/en-ca/extended/recovery/ . Price about $50 CD

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    i just used a product key to upgrade to pro, i did not install
  • JackE
    Doesn't matter if it was upgraded or clean installed. If the ALT+F10 cold boot method doesn't work, then the hidden ACER-flavored Win10 home partition has been overwritten with a generic Microsoft Pro recovery partition. The hidden Pro partition only works from inside the Pro Control Panel, not outside via the ACER ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ