Add m.2 ssd, warranty status nitro 5 AN515-52

nitrocarbonback
nitrocarbonback Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I own a acer nitro 5 AN515-52. Just bought this year. I have a warranty sticker, cover one of the screw hole at the bottom case of my laptop. If I wanted to add m.2 ssd, I would need to remove the back case of my laptop. But based on my research somewhere around acer support (forgot where), if I go to the acer care center, they can do it for me, without risk of losing warranty, if I break the warranty sticker, if do it my own. Is that true? 

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    @nitrocarbonback
    I dont think it will void the warranty . But Ii's better to check with the local Acer Customer Service .
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should contact Acer Malaysia support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/highpoint-service-network
    Removing the warranty seal may violate your notebook warranty!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    @nitrocarbonback
    I dont think it will void the warranty . But Ii's better to check with the local Acer Customer Service .
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should contact Acer Malaysia support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/highpoint-service-network
    Removing the warranty seal may violate your notebook warranty!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KCLau2MY
    KCLau2MY Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I own a acer nitro 5 AN515-52. Just bought this year. I have a warranty sticker, cover one of the screw hole at the bottom case of my laptop. If I wanted to add m.2 ssd, I would need to remove the back case of my laptop. But based on my research somewhere around acer support (forgot where), if I go to the acer care center, they can do it for me, without risk of losing warranty, if I break the warranty sticker, if do it my own. Is that true? 
    Last month , when i received this laptop in 1st day ,  i already removed the sticker carefully and paste it on a label baseline as below picture and store it .
    May be useful for future if need for warranty . :)

If no remove it , how do we open the bottom cover and install the M2 NVME SSD ? please ask Acer to provide a convenient cover design same as Ram/HDD to install the M2 then we will not remove this sticker , BTW i think this sticker will peal off after 1 year , 2 years later :p:+1:

• nitrocarbonback
    nitrocarbonback Member Posts: 2 New User
    KCLau2MY said:
    Last month , when i received this laptop in 1st day ,  i already removed the sticker carefully and paste it on a label baseline as below picture and store it .

If no remove it , how do we open the bottom cover and install the M2 NVME SSD ? please ask Acer to provide a convenient cover design same as Ram/HDD to install the M2 then we will not remove this sticker , BTW i think this sticker will peal off after 1 year , 2 years later :p:+1:

Actually I already called them, they said, even the seal is broken, the warranty not broken. If there are any damage to the laptop, as long as the problem is not the motherboard, I would get the replacement. Btw, if motherboard broken, even accidently, throw the water at it, it still cannot be claim at warranty, even the seal is still intact.
    Thanks for the reply and pic man, I'm really appreciate it. 
  • nonpixel
    nonpixel Member Posts: 1 New User
    KCLau2MY said:

Can you tell me how to remove seal without damage? warranty seal is still legal in my country.