Acer Aspire E5-774G-stops suddenly

AncaB
AncaB Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer Aspire E5-774G-stops suddenly
In the last 2-3 weeks my not quite 2 years old-out-of-warranty Acer stops /suddenly without any notice. Some days it stops fewer times, some other days tens of times. The screen gets black, I have to press the power button and enter the pin each time. Luckily I can continue the work wherever I was when stopping, but still, it became soooo frustrating!! Even while writing this question it stopped several times. Please help. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    You do not need to use a paid version. If you want, I also suggest you use the driverpack too, which is much more complete than the driverbooster! Windows update does not have any more current drivers. Keep testing the problem still remains, try to update the windows and the bios of the notebook later and inform us! If this was resolved, after the test, accept my answer to get the topic resolved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hello! What version of the operating system and BIOS is installed on your notebook? Look here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AncaB

Tinkerer

Thank you for your comment.
    The Bios version is V.1.12; The operating system is Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
    I hope that this is what you actually asked me.
    Thank you.

• OK! Is it the 1803 or 1809 version of the operating system that is installed? Have you tried updating the video drivers on this site?
    https://www.intel.com.br/content/www/br/pt/support/detect.html
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AncaB

Tinkerer

The OS version is 10.0.17763Build 17763. I have automatic updates and I have not updated the video drivers. Should I?
  • Yes, you should update your video drivers!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AncaB

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho Thank you for your response. It seems that all the drivers are up to date. I am not using the notebook to play games at all. Do I really need to have/keep the GE Force Experience, or I can delete this program completely? It will cause any problems (I mean, more than I already have). Do you or someone else maybe has any other ideas/answers to my question? It will be very much appreciated. Thank you kindly.
  • you can delete the geforce experience! Did you update the nvidia and intel video drivers? If yes, now try upgrading the other notebook drivers with driverbooster (https://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=pt-driver-booster-free) or driverpack (http://download.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online_1210736975.1547985866.exe) and post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AncaB

Tinkerer

So, egydiocoelho I followed your advice and updated manually the drivers you have mentioned (even if my system was showing that all the drivers were/are up to date???). After that I have installed, and used, the free version of Driver Booster, which showed that 18 drivers were obsolete. The 18 drivers are now updated (I used to think that if I have automatic updates for Windows, and the system is checked daily, all my drivers will be updated automatically. It seems that I have wrong all around, haven't I?)
    Do you think that the free version of Driver Booster will be enough for me considering that I am not using the laptop for gaming? Would the paid version be worth it/make things better?
    I cannot say right now if my initial problem was solved or not (laptop didn't stop in the last hour or so since I have done all the updates); however I want to thank you very much for the learning experience and for your prompt and kind help so far. I will return to this feed if I will notice anything wrong (if possible)
    Thank you once again.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    You do not need to use a paid version. If you want, I also suggest you use the driverpack too, which is much more complete than the driverbooster! Windows update does not have any more current drivers. Keep testing the problem still remains, try to update the windows and the bios of the notebook later and inform us! If this was resolved, after the test, accept my answer to get the topic resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer