Windows 10 doesn't boot PH315-51

1235»

Answers

• Only deleting the other partitions!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nabaski
    nabaski Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    Only deleting the other partitions!
    Then I guess I'll have 2 partitions of my hdd hanging around 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    nabaski

For the very little space and neatness you gain by trying to merge those two partitions, you risk more headaches for yourself than pressing that intel merge popup that started this whole thread --- now into 5 pages long! Don't do it. It's not worth the risk. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can create volume with one of the partitions and then after to volume is created right click on it and there should be an option to extend the volume. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• The problem is that the partitions created by windows will prevent you from extending the partitions!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nabaski
    JackE said:
    nabaski

For the very little space and neatness you gain by trying to merge those two partitions, you risk more headaches for yourself than pressing that intel merge popup that started this whole thread --- now into 5 pages long! Don't do it. It's not worth the risk. Jack E/NJ

Yeah, you're right 
  • ven98
    The problem is that the partitions created by windows will prevent you from extending the partitions!

I never had an issue extending a partition even on a drive that has windows installed. If the volume with windows is 250GB and if the unallocated partition is 250GB, you can still merge the unallocated space to the existing volume, despite also having the recovery and efi partition.

The issue is that it might not let him merge the partition to the volume, because the recovery partition is between the two. When I shrink the volume on my drive the unallocated space appears right next to the volume and there is no allocated partition between them. Maybe this is not even a factor that decides whether a partition can be extended or not.
    To the OP, right click on the existing volume of your HDD and then select extend volume to see if that will let you merge it with the unallocated partition. After you select extend volume, this will appear:
    Select available space should the same value as maximum available space. Press next and then finish.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    I tried doing that, but it shows me this: (it says there isn't enough available space in one or more discs to conclude this operation). The disk type also turned from basic to dynamic, whatever that means (but I reversed it anyway) 
  • ven98
    Then the issue most likely is that the recovery partition is between them. Anyway, 1, 2 or 5 volumes it doesn't really matter as long as it is using all the space  :p
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• nabaski
    ven98 said:
    Then the issue most likely is that the recovery partition is between them. Anyway, 1, 2 or 5 volumes it doesn't really matter as long as it is using all the space  :p
    Yup. In the end that's what's important :) 
  • Were you able to extend the partition? If you still can not, try this command: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the hd number to be deleted), clean (all delete), convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs=ntfs quick, assign!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ven98
    This command will delete the recovery partition @egydiocoelho.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    ven98 said:
    This command will delete the recovery partition @egydiocoelho.
    Glad I didn't do anything then 😛
  • ven98
    As I mentioned in my previous post you don't really need this recovery partition. It is up to you whether you want to remove it or not.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    I believe the recovery partition will no longer work @ ven98! Make sure that in the photo he posted, the Acer c: \ recovery partition has been deleted! What I think he wants is just having the hd as backup.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ven98
    I know it won't work, but the issue is I don't know whether it will work for recovery at all. If it was me I would just re-format the drive with disk part and clean all.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    @nabaski use Easeus partiton master delete both hdd partitons and create a new one using all the free space most of the times windows itself will not let you do it u need 3rd party software and i never use windows to create,extend,move or shrink partitions never worked properly for me and never will its too buggy and you can also check if the recovery partiton it's still in the ssd if its on the hdd (which is weird but due to the raid i dunno) if not damaged u might be able to clone it into the ssd probably its a case of you try it and see what easeus shows up in you drives

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• nabaski
    xapim said:
    @nabaski use Easeus partiton master delete both hdd partitons and create a new one using all the free space most of the times windows itself will not let you do it u need 3rd party software and i never use windows to create,extend,move or shrink partitions never worked properly for me and never will its too buggy and you can also check if the recovery partiton it's still in the ssd if its on the hdd (which is weird but due to the raid i dunno) if not damaged u might be able to clone it into the ssd probably its a case of you try it and see what easeus shows up in you drives
    Okay, I will try that tomorrow. Thanks!