Is it normal for my Acer Aspire e5 to get this hot?

SycoXtreme
SycoXtreme Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just bought my Acer Aspire e5-576g Tuesday and set it all up, updated Windows until it couldn't be updated anymore, and even installed the Turbo Boost driver off the Acer website. When I'm gaming this little beast honestly performs better than I expected, but where I am concerned is the temperatures that CoreTemp is recording. Im getting 35 - 50c idle, which I'm ok with. But when I'm gaming on graphic intensive games I'm getting 88c - 98c, and the TJMax is 100c. 

I am playing on a flat surface and in a cool area so I am a bit concerned about how hot it is getting, especially if Windows keeps beeping my that the temps are getting critical. It hasn't shut off on me yet, but I honestly don't want to get that far.

So are these temps something to be concerned about, and is there anything I can do to help? I am already on Amazon shopping for cooling pads so what else can I do?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Which of the componets is getting hot the CPU or the GPU?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• SycoXtreme
    SycoXtreme Member Posts: 7 New User
    My CPU. Haven't tested the GPU. What I did for a temporary fix is I throttled back the CPU to only 80%, and changed cooling system to passive. Temps are in the low 80c's and this changed didn't affect anything too noticable. 

But it's a shame I'd even have to do that.