Pressing F2 cannot enter into UEFI Aspire E5-411-C8MA

bijang
bijang Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello there! I don't know what happened to my acer laptop when I updated the BIOS to fix my touchpad it did not work unfortunately. But when I installed the correct drivers especially the I/O drivers my touchpad suddenly came back again. But when I try to go into the UEFI by pressing F2 it suddenly stops working and it boots directly from the Windows 8.1 again. What can I do fix this? Hope someone reply. Thanks you very much

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Make sure fast boot startup option is disabled. Then shutdown Windows. Turn the machine back on and ***immediately*** start tapping the F2 key. Don't wait for the ACER splashscreen to appear. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• have you tried upgrading to version 1.16? Have you tried pressing the fn + f2 keys to enter the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bijang
    JackE said:
    Make sure fast boot startup option is disabled. Then shutdown Windows. Turn the machine back on and ***immediately*** start tapping the F2 key. Don't wait for the ACER splashscreen to appear. Jack E/NJ

How can I disable the fast boot option sir? Do I have to find an alternative way to boot into BIOS and disable fast boot?
  • bijang
    have you tried upgrading to version 1.16? Have you tried pressing the fn + f2 keys to enter the bios?
    I tried the Fn + F2 method sir but sadly it didn't worked either. My BIOS version is v1.12

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    bijang >>>How can I disable the fast boot option sir? >>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do'. Click 'change settings that currently aren't available'. Scroll down and uncheck box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Shut Windows down. Then turn the machine back on and ****immediately**** start tapping the F2 button again. Don't wait for ACER splashscreen to appear or it will be too late. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ