Aspire E5-475G - M.2 Slot Compatible With Which Type of M.2 Storage?

Xirowei
Xirowei Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Brand/Model: Acer Aspire E5-475G
SNID: XXXXXX
S/N: NXGCPSG007XXXXXX

When open the storage lit, I found out there is a M.2 slot available. However, there is no documentation about this M.2 Slot. Hence unable to determine which type of M.2 Storage is compatible with it. (E.g. M.2 2280 SATA? M.2 2280 Gen3 X 2? ...etc
Anyone has any info about the M.2 Slot available in Aspire E5-475G? I would like to purchase the right M.2 Storage to upgrade it. Thanks.

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Answers

• Xirowei
    Xirowei Member Posts: 2 New User
    I found a similar question from following URL.

Based on the guideline to obtain info via HWiNFO Free, does it mean the M.2 Max support up to NVMe X2 only? (This is because X4 is in used by NVIDIA GeForce 940MX and X2 Bus is free and not in used).

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You an M.2 port and if HWiNFO is right, that means the port supports x2 PCIe NVME SSDs. x4 PCIe SSD will also work, but half the speed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Josh1595
    Josh1595 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I INSTALL KINGSTON A2000 IT READS BUT WHEN I CLONE MY HDD TO MY NEW SSD IT WONT BOOT. PLEASE HELP. 
    LAPTOP: ACER ASPIRE E5-475G
  • iamgameover00
    iamgameover00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Josh1595 said:
    I INSTALL KINGSTON A2000 IT READS BUT WHEN I CLONE MY HDD TO MY NEW SSD IT WONT BOOT. PLEASE HELP. 
    LAPTOP: ACER ASPIRE E5-475G
    Change boot order in boot menu