How to boot through an ssd Aspire A715 71g

azzaamekkeri
azzaamekkeri Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello,
 I just purchased a m.2 ssd and installed it in my Acer Aspire A715 71g
I cloned the os using samsung's data migration.
I would really appriciate a detailed instructions to change boot order.

thanks

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You need to press f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook, to enter the BIOS. Then go to the boot section and select ssd to boot!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You are Welcome my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You need to press f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook, to enter the BIOS. Then go to the boot section and select ssd to boot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• azzaamekkeri
    @egydiocoelho my ssd isn't showing up in boot any idea why?
  • What is the exact model of ssd? Can you send a photo of the information section in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• azzaamekkeri
    @egydiocoelho
    When I changed the boot mode to legacy it did show up but did not boot properly  
  • Current notebooks come with the boot partition converted to gpt to work in uefi mode! You probably only cloned the drive containing the windows.
    Can you send a photo of the disk manager?
    Have you already converted ssd to gpt, in cmd as admin?
    diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = ntfs quick, assign!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• azzaamekkeri
    Yes i only cloned the drive containing windows 
  • azzaamekkeri
    Idk what gpt is, ps For some reason the Ssd was only 46gb when the actual os drive was around 55gb, but it did say successfully cloned but i don't think it did
  • azzaamekkeri
    I am currently re cloning the windows 
  • Could you tell me the exact ssd model and answer the other questions?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• azzaamekkeri
    @egydiocoelho
    Yes, I just converted my ssd to GPT
    Ssd WD blue m.2 2280 (250gb)

• azzaamekkeri
    System Information 
  • azzaamekkeri
    Legacy boot doesn't work for ssd and hdd
  • azzaamekkeri
    Atlast fixed it !

• Do you clone hd in uefi (gpt) mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• azzaamekkeri
    Yes, but i m not sure whether that was the issue. Whenever I cloned using Macrium the cloning wasn't complete. I used easus to clone and it appeared in my boot menu. Anyways thanks for your help. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You are Welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rcgreenly
    rcgreenly Member Posts: 2 New User
    I can provide more information if needed.