Need acer support for bios unlock. (swift 3 ryzen 5 )

JEWEL
JEWEL Member Posts: 59

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I am Juyel Majumder  I have a Acer swift 3 ryzen 5 laptop. But recently my system crushed and i am unable to enter into bios for reinstall windows  So I went to Kolkata acer service center for help. But they said this is a new moder and they don't know how to do it. The take my identification documents and purchase bill and send to acer. They said it's sentbto Taiwan . For information to unlock bios. But it's near two week but they didn't get any mail from acer. Please solve this problem. My acer swift 3 ryzen model number is  SF315-41-R9S1. PLEASE Send them proper support to solve this problem. I think this laptop doesn't have dedicated cmos pin for reset. Please help me. Plz acer. 

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You have to contact Acer support directly.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Acer service center contact

[Edited post with user's info for security reasons]
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You have to contact Acer support directly.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi JEWEL,

I am very sorry to hear this, as my recommendation on your previous post is to contact Acer support call center directly (not Kolkata authorize service center) and see what other options (if any) we can provide you. On your previous post you have mention that a "Password automatically seted in your unit" which this is not a normal behavior on Acer units because we do not set a BIOS password on any factory settings and a password is not set with any BIOS updates, this is something that has to be input or set by a user.

Do you have any documentation that supports this "
    Kolkata Acer service center don't know how to do it". Can you send any order paper documentation? 

Please keep in mind that the Acer community forums is not
     a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis). But primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not design for direct customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders or sponsorship/donations request, please use the appropriate channel/sources for your particular request.  

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

• JEWEL

Tinkerer

I already contacted acer India  By phone call. They said that bios problem is not under warranty  The said to contact acer customer service care for fix this for money. I went service center but they said that they don't know the procedure of unlocking or breaking bios password of this specific device. Then they asked me for my Aadhar card for identification and purchase bill and said that they send it to acer and aacer will provide the procedure. I give it and continuously asking them every day is acer send them?. But they  say no. I am now really feeling hopeless . Please help me. Is this model have not the cmos pin? If have then plzzzzz send them the location or what they asked in there email. If you want I will provide their email.  Plzzz help. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Unfortunately we have no way of doing this JEWEL, this is a peer to peer community and not and Acer direct support community. You will have to wait for the Service Center response from Taiwan if that's whats instructed here. 

Sorry for all the inconveniences this may cause you,
    Acer-Manny 
  • JEWEL

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    I talked them again. They have said that acer will send a secret bios password to them for break the password . But acer is not sending. Doesn't acer don't see their mail. Or they neglect their customers. I am totally broken for their service . It's very pathetic. I am not creating any post here ever. Thank you . Sorry for disturbing acer community  
  • JEWEL

Tinkerer

Please give me the official acer email address. Main office.