ThorttleStop /undervolting making my games lag!! Predator Helios 300 i5 8th

revrock
revrock Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So guys my Predator Helios 300 i5 8th gen 1050ti was overheating very badly around 98-100 °c so I have done the CPU undervolting through (throttlestop) so my temp while playing games  was 75-80°c but nowy games are lagging very badly pls help 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    How much is your undervolt? When you begin to experience lags that means the voltage is not enough and you have to increase the voltage a bit(reduce undervolting).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• revrock
    ven98 said:
    How much is your undervolt? When you begin to experience lags that means the voltage is not enough and you have to increase the voltage a bit(reduce undervolting).
    I have undervolt (-123)and then (-80.1) still game lagging CPU cache , CPU core and intel 
  • ven98
    Don't undervolt the Intel graphics just cache and core, and make sure cache and core voltages are the same.

It is possible that you might need less undervolt. I suggest you to run aida64 stress test to check if the system will crash on -80mV.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• revrock
    ven98 said:
    Don't undervolt the Intel graphics just cache and core, and make sure cache and core voltages are the same.

It is possible that you might need less undervolt. I suggest you to run aida64 stress test to check  the system will crash on -80mV.
    How to check aida64 stress test?
  • ven98
    Go to tools tab and there should be an option to open stabilty/stress test and a new windows will appear.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• revrock
    ven98 said:
    Go to tools tab and there should be an option to open stabilty/stress test and a new windows will appear.
    Ok i will try it