predator helios 300 wifi problem

Ayham96
Ayham96 Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought the Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 and I've been having a ton of issues with the WiFi. Any time I'm playing games or browsing the internet my WiFi will suddenly stop working. I troubleshoot problems and I get a message saying "The DNS server isn't responding" and some times  "the default get away is not available"
network driver: qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless network adapter.
i don't know what should i do my bios version is 1.14 and on acer driver it's 1.13 should i download it or there another problem i have to do 
please help i can't use internet on my laptop 

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, Sorry to know that you have Wifi connectivity issue with your Predator. 

I requested you to 1st, try restarting your home router and modem. Restart your laptop at the same time so its all fresh.

If this don't help, try the Wireless driver re-installation. D
    ownload the Wireless driver from Acer Driver & Manual website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

After downloading the driver, right-click the Windows start button, select Device Manager, and view the Network adapters. Find the Qualcomm Atheros driver and uninstall it by right-clicking it and selecting uninstall. Restart your laptop. Windows will install a generic wireless driver and you can test your Internet on the wireless driver first. Then update the driver using the one you have downloaded and test again.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, Sorry to know that you have Wifi connectivity issue with your Predator. 

I requested you to 1st, try restarting your home router and modem. Restart your laptop at the same time so its all fresh.

If this don't help, try the Wireless driver re-installation. D
    ownload the Wireless driver from Acer Driver & Manual website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

After downloading the driver, right-click the Windows start button, select Device Manager, and view the Network adapters. Find the Qualcomm Atheros driver and uninstall it by right-clicking it and selecting uninstall. Restart your laptop. Windows will install a generic wireless driver and you can test your Internet on the wireless driver first. Then update the driver using the one you have downloaded and test again.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Ayham96

Tinkerer

i will try it, what about bios
    my bios version: 1.14, 27/12/2017
    and the one on acer website is:1.13, 28/12/2017
    should i download it or keep it ?
  • Ayham96

Tinkerer

i tried reinstall drivers and restart modem and laptop and same problem :( 
    please help

• Silvan
    Silvan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have the same problem, and I know for a fact its not my router. I also tried reinstalling my drives, and that didn't fix it. Acer you need to find a fix for this. This is unacceptable as this is a relatively new laptop.
  • proton_skeleton
    proton_skeleton Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Silvan said:
    I have the same problem, and I know for a fact its not my router. I also tried reinstalling my drives, and that didn't fix it. Acer you need to find a fix for this. This is unacceptable as this is a relatively new laptop.
    Same here, I have reinstalled all the drivers, tried every troubleshooting I was offered on this site. The answer keeps coming back that maybe I have my router on a busy channel or I set it up wrong; and if that was the case, I would have issues on any of my other devices, but I don't. I have this issue on multiple different routers and the only common denominator is the laptop, meaning it is a hardware or software issue, not my router. I really need this fixed.  
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2019
    Silvan said:
    Same here, I have reinstalled all the drivers, tried every troubleshooting I was offered on this site. The answer keeps coming back that maybe I have my router on a busy channel or I set it up wrong; and if that was the case, I would have issues on any of my other devices, but I don't. I have this issue on multiple different routers and the only common denominator is the laptop, meaning it is a hardware or software issue, not my router. I really need this fixed.  
    Can you try clean installation of Windows 10 once? Install drivers from Acer's website at the end after doing what @Balatekie has said in this thread's answer.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    I've also seen where an ISP must be contacted to adjust channel volume in the routers config to allow for the additional hardware to connect.
    (Its actually a very common issue)
    - Hotel Hero
  • NanoQ8
    NanoQ8 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2019
    I wanted to share an issue that has annoyed me for so long and finally i fixed it, for me i use a Huawei 4G+ mobile router model(E5788u-96a), the problem is that my router does not get detected only by my laptop which is Predator Helios 300,I tried everything but nothing worked so i had to do some tricks which are very annoying and doesn't work most time like changing name of my router, changing security of my router and the classic restarting router, until i saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ISSwLkDz0 , this video if for normal router(not mobile router) but still worked for me since the issues was in changing channels number (watch video first in link) i tried channel (11) and like magic my laptop immediately detected my mobile router with no issues, i guess the issues was that Predator Helios 300 detect my specific mobile router at channel (11) you can give this a try if you are facing same issue, if you are facing same issue please sent me msg in this e-mail (nassorq8@hotmail.com) i will respond as fast as i can. this picture is an example of me trying to change my mobile router channel, i entered this setting by plugging my mobile router to my laptop, you can also acces this with out plug it to you laptop by accessing website of you device depending if you got it from company or bought it from store, to get into setting as a router user not mobile router it is little different, hope i was useful and good luck with your problem.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    NanoQ8 said:
    I wanted to share an issue that has annoyed me for so long and finally i fixed it, for me i use a Huawei 4G+ mobile router model(E5788u-96a), the problem is that my router does not get detected only by my laptop which is Predator Helios 300,I tried everything but nothing worked so i had to do some tricks which are very annoying and doesn't work most time like changing name of my router, changing security of my router and the classic restarting router, until i saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ISSwLkDz0 , this video if for normal router(not mobile router) but still worked for me since the issues was in changing channels number (watch video first in link) i tried channel (11) and like magic my laptop immediately detected my mobile router with no issues, i guess the issues was that Predator Helios 300 detect my specific mobile router at channel (11) you can give this a try if you are facing same issue, if you are facing same issue please sent me msg in this e-mail (*******************) i will respond as fast as i can. this picture is an example of me trying to change my mobile router channel, i entered this setting by plugging my mobile router to my laptop, you can also acces this with out plug it to you laptop by accessing website of you device depending if you got it from company or bought it from store, to get into setting as a router user not mobile router it is little different, hope i was useful and good luck with your problem.
    Thanks for the post but please avoid posting personal data publicly like SNID/Serial/email etc or any other personal information anyone who would like to get in touch with you should pm you instead,  i also have a huawei mobile router back home for home broadband and never had issues connecting anything to it

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Unnikrishnan
    Unnikrishnan Member Posts: 1 New User
    when i boot up my lap, a dialoge box pops up  issue detected showing " go to www.Killernertworking.com to download latest verison of drivers"
    and i visited the site and downloaded the new version and its not getting installed showing some error ! . This is happening over and over and i am not able to open the killer control center.Why this is happening?.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    when i boot up my lap, a dialoge box pops up  issue detected showing " go to www.Killernertworking.com to download latest verison of drivers"
    and i visited the site and downloaded the new version and its not getting installed showing some error ! . This is happening over and over and i am not able to open the killer control center.Why this is happening?.
    Uninstall your current Wi-Fi driver completely and then install from Killernetworking.com.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!