Acer Aspire A515-51G-53JT keyboard problem

Comments

• Shashikant
    Shashikant Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

prat4111 said:
    And what do you mean by the Acer repairs portal? Is there a link?
    This is the link to repairs: http://customercare.acer-apac.com/CustomerSelfService/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=IN&LID=ENG

• se7en2wo6ix
    se7en2wo6ix Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

motherboard change is only the solution....
  • Chanikya
    Chanikya Member Posts: 1 New User
    se7en2wo6ix said: what's the service center number? 

I noticed a strange problem with my Aspire A515-51G-53JT laptop which I bought almost a month ago. 

Some keys randomly stop working and it's always the same keys. So far I've discovered that the periodically shutting off keys include 1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) righ arrow

I have never dropped the laptop or poured any liquids on it, I got it new and unopened. It worked flawlessly prior to this problem.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and resetting the computer but the problem returned almost immediately. The keys stop working for a few seconds and then work again but it's very annoying. 

Any solution?

Hey did you solved that problem?  please reply because i am also facing the same
    .. call at service center..they will come to ur home and replace the keyboard

• 4antom
    4antom Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    edited November 2018

Any solution?

If you want a replacement as quickly as possible I think the best course of action would be to take it to an Acer repair centre with proof of purchase and or warranty information. If time is not an issue I would consider calling or emailing Acer for information on how to proceed. Who knows , they may even send you a replacement to use while you wait.

Personally I would take it to a repair centre or call them and have a conversation on the phone, but I am sure emailing would yield similar results.
  • chopper said:
    Hi,
    couple days ago my friend gave me this laptop to help him with keyboards problems. I've opened it up and started to diagnose what going on. I have to say that this laptop looks like it has been made with an idea in mind that it will not be possible to replace keyboard ever. They used plastic rivets to keep keyboard in place as well as metal shield that is protecting it and keyboard is last piece that comes off the laptop body. You have to take out literally everything else first. It's the worst idea I've ever seen inside laptop. But, apart from that I think I've found cause why all those keyboards are failing. There is one place where plastic layers with eletrical paths are connected together using some kind of glue. It's inside keyboard just before ribbon that comes to motherboard. I've fixed it by heating this spot for a few seconds softing that glue and pushing it with something hard on a flat surface. After assembling whole laptop together everything works like brand new. I'm not sure, but I think that line responsible for those failing keys "1,3,p..." is first line from the left.

I looks like it's factory error, so I'm almost sure that this fix will last longer then replaceing it to a new one.

Here you can see this spot:

Hi,
    Thanks for posting your fix, could you please elaborate a bit on the status of the glue, was it not sticking properly or not enough glue?
  • Alannglopez
    Alannglopez Member Posts: 24 Networker
    edited January 2019
    Well I'm not a user as advanced as you, I did not dare to take off all the metal pedestal that holds the keyboard and that what I did was to release the pressure in the area you were commenting ... with a screwdriver lift a little plates and remove the plastic plates that I had near the area and to assemble it I did not put the screws that are that area either, to release more pressure and I already take 3 days are having no problems with the keyboard.

chopper said:
    Hi,
    couple days ago my friend gave me this laptop to help him with keyboards problems. I've opened it up and started to diagnose what going on. I have to say that this laptop looks like it has been made with an idea in mind that it will not be possible to replace keyboard ever. They used plastic rivets to keep keyboard in place as well as metal shield that is protecting it and keyboard is last piece that comes off the laptop body. You have to take out literally everything else first. It's the worst idea I've ever seen inside laptop. But, apart from that I think I've found cause why all those keyboards are failing. There is one place where plastic layers with eletrical paths are connected together using some kind of glue. It's inside keyboard just before ribbon that comes to motherboard. I've fixed it by heating this spot for a few seconds softing that glue and pushing it with something hard on a flat surface. After assembling whole laptop together everything works like brand new. I'm not sure, but I think that line responsible for those failing keys "1,3,p..." is first line from the left.

I looks like it's factory error, so I'm almost sure that this fix will last longer then replaceing it to a new one.

• Nishant_
    Nishant_ Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Can you guide me how can i disassemble my acer aspire 5 ,So i can fix the keyboard as you did.

Alannglopez said:
    Well I'm not a user as advanced as you, I did not dare to take off all the metal pedestal that holds the keyboard and that what I did was to release the pressure in the area you were commenting ... with a screwdriver lift a little plates and remove the plastic plates that I had near the area and to assemble it I did not put the screws that are that area either, to release more pressure and I already take 3 days are having no problems with the keyboard.

chopper said:
    Hi,

chopper said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    Thanks for posting your fix, could you please elaborate a bit on the status of the glue, was it not sticking properly or not enough glue?
    chopper said:
    Hi,

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nishant_

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho but he did not opened the motherboard , i i need to reach to the keyboard for the fix to work. Can you suggest anything like keyboard replacement or something.? Thanks
  • @Nishant_See if this can help you:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nishant_

Tinkerer

I disassembled the whole laptop and reassembled it, just tried to place every connection carefully and securely. And when i powered it on there was no issue what so ever.😁😁 .. shaked the laptop to see if the issue appears again and it didn't !
  • Great, my friend  =) 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nishant_

Tinkerer

Update . Keys started creating issue again but a lot less this time..
  • Would you like to get your contacts on those tracks better?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nishant_

Tinkerer

Would you like to get your contacts on those tracks better?

Yeah sure , can you guide me how can this be done? 
  • Maybe applying a solder? I do not have much knowledge in this area!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nishant_

Tinkerer

Maybe applying a solder? I do not have much knowledge in this area!
    In my opinion soldering would make it worse, that area is delicate. Thanks for the help anyways
  • You're welcome, my friend! Even so, if you have found a definitive solution, post here in the community!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Alannglopez
    Alannglopez Member Posts: 24 Networker
    problem came back. for me

This discussion has been closed.