Acer Nitro 5 with AMD processor and card - How do i update the drivers?

JonasThedane
JonasThedane Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Everyone. 

I have tried to update the drivers downloaded from AMD's website and the Acer website, but nothing seems to work. Last time i did it my laptop was stuck in a "getting windows ready" loop.

Do anyone know how to update the AMD drivers on a acer nitro 5? 

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• JonasThedane
    Answer ✓
    I have just read this comment on another thread to anyone who was wondering how to do it. I cannot confirm yet that it works but i'll try this later!!

"Just fixed the issue. First use DDU to unistall the drivers, then delete the AMD folder from the C drive. Then go to the acer site and go to drivers and select the laptop you own, as in my case it was the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42.
    Then download the driver titled as VGA which will be around 300+ MB. Install the drivers and viola! Issue fixed!!"

Answers

• C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Write to acer so they update the adrenaline 2019 drivers for the Notebook
  • JonasThedane
    @C3lv1c3

I think i have some old 2018 drivers installed, i haven't been able to update it after i bought the PC. 

any tips on just how to update the drivers a little bit?
  • JonasThedane
    Answer ✓
    I have just read this comment on another thread to anyone who was wondering how to do it. I cannot confirm yet that it works but i'll try this later!!

"Just fixed the issue. First use DDU to unistall the drivers, then delete the AMD folder from the C drive. Then go to the acer site and go to drivers and select the laptop you own, as in my case it was the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42.
    Then download the driver titled as VGA which will be around 300+ MB. Install the drivers and viola! Issue fixed!!"
  • blazerx46
    blazerx46 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    FYI, at CES 2019, AMD announced that they will be providing driver updates for mobile Ryzen from Q1 2019 from AMD website.
  • wolf13tj
    wolf13tj Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    HiWhen I update the graphics card driver so the notbook without a power connection falls into the blue screen.the support told me to use the 17.1.1 driver from 2017.does anyone have a similar problem?
  • poffguy
    poffguy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2019
    wolf13tj said:
    Hi
    When I update the graphics card driver so the notbook without a power connection falls into the blue screen.
    the support told me to use the 17.1.1 driver from 2017.
    does anyone have a similar problem?

hi im having same problem even with power connection !!! Older acer official drivers finish install but grafic card in device manager is still not showing and not working, while newest official acer drivers dont finish but make my laptop go blank screen that i have to get it back with restore point !! ive tried even the method with first DDU then install acer drivers and doesnt work, also have tried with microsoft drivers manual install and same blank screen happens just like with newest acer drivers !!

Solution: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/642679#Comment_642679  
  • muditsharma
    muditsharma Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

@JonasThedane hi at the first comment you said that you have the problem of 'getting windows ready ' loop problem after  trying to update amd graphic driver on AN515-42 i have also tried to update graphics driver and after some days the same problem happens to  my laptop, it is not starting and it has the same looping problem it appears acer logo on screen and it loops about 1 minute then black screen and it always happen to me can you tell how do you solved this problem? @JonasThedane
  • muditsharma

Tinkerer

Or Anyone With The solution?
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    i think you have ryzen 5 version of acer nitro you can download latest adernaline drivers from here https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5
    just select auto detect and install it will automatically detect and update your gpu drivers
  • muditsharma

Tinkerer

@rahulpareek9250 bro my laptop isn't starting at all . So how do i install the driver i want a solution so that my laptop's boot looping can ve solved it will be highly obliging if anyone can give me solution for my problem?
  • rahulpareek9250
    press alt+f4 before acer boot logo to reset laptop anything you did before it was working normally?
  • muditsharma

Tinkerer

@rahulpareek9250 Yes bro i tried to update the drivers from windows device manager but it failed in the middle and blue screen error occurred and then it forced restarted the laptop and laptop is working fine after the restart, the problem seems to be started coming when some of my games starting lagging and becoming choppy  and one day i left my laptop in sleep mode for about 3-4 hours and when i saw laptop is not wakeing up and then i restarted it and from then the boot looping problem started coming , bro @rahulpareek9250 good to see you supporting me, bro i want to know that do you tested the atl+F4 combination on your laptop? And do you tested it on same acer nitro 5 ryzen version or acer's another laptop and does the key combination is working on all of the acer laptops?
  • rahulpareek9250
    its official method to reset the window installation on all acer laptops it will work for acer nitro too