Can I Install 250GB M.2 SSD in Nitro 5 AN515-42? Is this run without any problem?

mrgauravpandey
mrgauravpandey Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can I Install  250GB M.2 SSD in Nitro 5 AN515-42?  Is this run without any problem?  and what is recommended copacity (128GB or 256GB)  M.2 SSD for my laptop.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Yes it is.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    The port is M.2 PCIe NVMe, which supports M.2 2280 NVMe SSDs and M.2 2280 SATA SSDs. The maximum tested size is 256GB, but there isn't a storage size limitation on the port, so you can have 2TB SSD if you want to.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Zero_dB
    Zero_dB Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

You do have to check if AMD model support M.2 NVMe or not im using 515-52 i78750h+1050  using 970evo run flawlessly without any problem even if nitro 5 cant use maximum motential of 970evo due to it only 2lane pcie
  • mrgauravpandey

Tinkerer

@ven98

Can I Install 250GB M.2 SSD in Nitro 5 AN515-42? Is this okay for my laptop

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Yes it is.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• mrgauravpandey

Tinkerer

@ven98 and what about ram?
    i want to install 8Gb Ram (2400Mhz). Any Suggestion for me before i installed.

• ven98
    I assume you already have only 8GB, as you didn't mention how much RAM you currently have.

The device has 2 RAM slots each supporting up to 16GB DDR4 2400MHz for a total of 32GB.

That means you can add another 8GB 2400MHz module. 
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98
    Make sure that the 8GB module that you are planning to get has the same CAS latency(CL) as the one inside the laptop. You can use CPUZ or HWiNFO to find what the CL of the RAM is.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• I meant to say yes! But I would opt for samsung models!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)