2018 Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 compatible screens

Mateo620
Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I want to compile a list of compatible screens for this model. Which 14.0" screen came in your SF114-32? What do you think about upgrading to a high color gamut screen?

My first unit came with an AUO B140HAN04.0 and the basic specs are:
1920(RGB)×1080   (FHD), 250 cd/m² (Typ.), 85/85/85/85 (Typ.)(CR≥10), 262K   45% (CIE1931), 60Hz  , eDP (2 Lanes) , Connector , 30 pins, 3.3V (Typ.), Antiglare, 700 : 1 (Typ.) (TM), 25 (Typ.)(Tr+Td) ms, 6-bit

My second unit came with a BOE NV140FHM-N48 and some of the specs are: 
FHD (1920x1080), Matte , EDP 30 pin socket, No Brackets, IPS, 250 Cd/m2 - 279 cd/m2, 54% sRGB, 1180:1 CR, 157.35 ppi, 8-bit

I found this old thread where @brummyfan2 stated that "The screens in this model used are: B140HAN04.0, NV140FHM-N48, N140HCA-EAC".

Answers

• Ele suporta esses tipos de telas:
    LCD 14"FHD AU B140HAN04.0 EDP IPS KL.1400E.005
    LCD 14"FHD INX N140HCA-EAC EDP IPS KL.14005.039
    LCD 14"FHD BOE NV140FHM-N48 IPS NARROW KL.1400D.023
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mateo620
    The screen I have now is a BOE NV140FHM-N48 which is pretty good already. But I want to try to upgrade to a high color gamut screen so I did a little bit a research and I think I found the right candidate.

I am going to attemp to upgrade to a BOE NV140FHM-N61. This screen is a 300 nit, 800:1 cr, 16.7m color, 72% NTSC, high color gamut screen. According to my research it should fit exactly as my current screen so I'm crossing my fingers for a plug and play upgrade.
  • I believe it will work because the BOE NV140FHM-N61 screen has features similar to the AUO B140HAN04.0 screen, see: http://www.panelook.com/NV140FHM-N61_BOE_14.0_LCM_overview_29815.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mateo620
    That's great! Do you have installation instructions on how to replace the screen?
  • This video shows a part of the disassembly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_46-V0oM0

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mateo620
    The internet complains when a laptop comes only with a 1366x768 TN display.

The SF114-32 ONLY comes with a 1080p IPS displays. Why is this fanless 14" 2.8 lb laptop not more popular?

I just picked up my 3rd SF114-32 for $110.00 and will be doing a screen replacement so I can upgrade my #2 unit to full color gamut. Stay tuned.
  • Ok! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mateo620
    edited February 2019

I picked up another SF114-32 that I plan to repair for the least amount of money I've spent so far. I paid just $110.95 for this unit with a broken screen.

This unit has one of the screens mentioned in my first post, a AUO B140HAN04.0. I plan to replace the screen with the screen from my other SF114-32 and upgrade my other unit to a full color gamut screen.

I thought this was a great opportunity to test an upgrade path for the SF114-32 and to bring back a perfectly good working laptop back to it's original state. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to flip and re-sell this broken unit or keep it and give it to my brother or someone who really needs it yet. All I know is that it is pretty good deal considering it comes with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Office 365 personal for 1 year, only 1080p IPS displays, a fingerprint reader, and a 12 hour battery life in an all aluminum fanless chassis.

More to come!
  • OK! When replacing the display, post the result here to find out how the adaptation was with the 300nit display!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aeerie
    Aeerie Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    Hi Guys,
    I purchased the NV140FHM-N61 V8.0 screen mentioned earlier in the post from laptopscreen.com
    It is the best available screen for this laptop and I can confirm that it is plug and play and the difference is substantial. 

It is impressively a lot brighter and clearer and works 100%

I thought my screen had broke itself but after ordering and disassembly i found the 30-pin connector on the panel itself had wiggled loose! 
    So I have a spare original screen if anyone needs, Im located in NZ, can ship at buyers expense just PM me, I wont be listing anywhere so I can help someone in need!

warm regards,
    James

EDIT: I highly recommend the matte screen as It is incredibly high quality and the brightness is amazing. Massive upgrade!