will an egpu work on an Acer Nitro 5 AN515?

Dinothaurth
Dinothaurth Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have this Egpu for Gigabyte its a gigabyte aorus GTX1070 gaming box and it uses thunderbolt to connect, ive been searching everywhere on where to get help, i even chatted with a Acer administartor she told me to uninstall usb devices and restart my pc, i did that and nothing happened. Im a little upset because i payed large amounts of money for this.

Best Answer

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Dinothaurth
    Unfortunately, Acer Nitro 5 does NOT support Thunderbolt. So your external GPU won't work with your laptop. 

Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/

Answers

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Dinothaurth
    Unfortunately, Acer Nitro 5 does NOT support Thunderbolt. So your external GPU won't work with your laptop. 

Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • Eragon13650
    Eragon13650 Member Posts: 1 New User
    MaxGamer said:
    Hi @Dinothaurth

Hi MaxGamer I actually have the same pc and I am wondering if by using the ngff or m.2 slot on the motherboard you can set-up an egpu with the adaptators you can find on Amazon? and if it works would I need to tweak things in the bios menu to make it happen?

Thanks anyway for your time.