HELP! - Acer Aspire All-In-One Touch Screen after Windows 8 Pro upgrade

mcampellone
mcampellone Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2017 in All-In-One PCs

Hello Everyone!

This is a rather confusing issues and has pretty much **** me off to no end!  I am sure though that some of you may have encountered this already and might have a potential solution?

I have an Acer Aspire All-In-One, AZ5101 (Aspire Z5101), with 4GB RAM, etc.

Ever since the Developer's Preview of Windows 8 came out, I have been running Windows 8 perfectly.  I have completely uninstalled (each time cleanly) and run the following:

Windows 8 Developer Preview, 64-bit

Windows 8 Consumer Preview, 64-bit

Windows 8 Release Preview, 64-bit

In ALL cases, EVERYTHING on this PC worked perfectly - INCLUDING THE TOUCH SCREEN.  I never had an issue.

So far, so good.  Then, they finally released the Windows 8 Pro official licensed upgrades for download.  I purchased the upgrade, and downloaded it.  Just as in *ALL* other cases, during the upgrade I selected to "keep nothing" of the old system (I never really had any important data on here), and do the upgrade cleanly.

Well, after the upgrade was complete, and ALL of the Windows 8 Pro updates were applied through Windows update, I have a system where the screen is crisp and sharp, everything works, and in Device Manager, ALL devices show green and working correctly - NO ERRORS.  HOWEVER - NO TOUCH!!!  No touch screen function at all.  The screen this time around now acts like a standard monitor.

I've tried the IdeaCom driver - no luck.  Does ANYONE know (please? LOL) how to get the touch screen to work again?  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I really appreciate any help you can give.  Microsoft support had NO clue, and no reply from Acer emails! LOL Smiley Happy

Thanks again,

Mike

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Best Answer

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Good day Mike

I emailed the driver. Please test and advise.

Regards,

Freeza

Answers

• freeza

Good day

I might have a solution for you. Does it show that there is a Pen and Touch feature available when you check on computer properties, if so, please drop me a Private Message and I will send you a driver that might work.

Regards,

Freeza

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• mcampellone

Thank you so much!

I just sent you a private email - Pen and Touch *IS* in the properties! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Mike

• APACHEMONO
    APACHEMONO Member Posts: 8 New User

Freeza if you have any driver that can run this thing on Windows 8, please let us know....there's a whole trail of people who are looking for how to make this **bleep** thing work on Win 8. I saw someone really working this thing nicely on Win8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVYZybMs7w

I've instlaled Win 8 Enterprise and I don't see any Pen and Tablet option in the Control Panel.

• APACHEMONO

Mike did you get any reply from Freeza? ...I've been scouring all the creeps of internet, no luck at all ...and my Z5600 is just a nice looking machine now with Win 8 but without TOUCH !!...Its says me..."You can't touch this.." ..LOL Smiley Happy

• freeza
    Good day See if you have the Pen and Touch in the control panel. I sent you the driver to your email address. Regards, Freeza
  • freeza

Good day Mike

I have sent you the file. Extract using winace application.

Regards,

Freeza

• APACHEMONO

Thanks Freedom for sending the Drivers but either I couldn't make it work or its not working. Any suggestion you have...? I installed WinAce and extracted those 2 files and ran the Setup...but nothing changed. I don't have the Pen and Touch in the control panel on my ACER Z5600

@Mike any luck ..?

Best Regards!

• mcampellone
    Sorry guys I just got back to check on this. I will pull my email and try it and let you know ASAP.
  • mcampellone

Hello!

I just checked all of my email, spam, and deleted items on the Exchange server for the past 3 days and there is nothing that I can find from you.  Can you (or someone else here possibly) PLEASE send the files again to me?  My email address is ****** - I would really appreciate it.  Thank you very much!!!

Mike

[edited for privacy-removed email address]

• freeza
    Answer ✓

Good day Mike

I emailed the driver. Please test and advise.

Regards,

Freeza

• mcampellone

Everyone -

Freedom (freeza) is WONDERFUL - he sent me an email with two attachments; an ACE file and a ZIP file.  All I did with my unit, is I extracted the ZIP file and ran just the one setup.exe file in there.  That was it - the screen immediately came to life - no reboot or anything!

Now, WHY ON EARTH couldn't the Acer staff have been more helpful and just given me this tiny little file?  WHY did they want to charge me $99 for a single incident support for something so simple?  I am not happy with them.

I have purchased many Acer products before, but now I will stop.  Their service is just too poor for words - and I won't always find someone as helpful as Freedom (freeza) on the support board....

Anyway - folks, this is GREAT!!!

Have a beautiful day everyone, and a very Happy Holidays!

Mike

• freeza

Thank you Mike...Much obliged!!!

Regards,

Freeza

• freeza

Good day Apachemono

The driver will only work if Pen and Touch feature is there.

Regards,

Freeza

• APACHEMONO

Oh I am so happy for you Mike...but at the same time still disappointment with myself cos I dont see Pen and Touch feature in the control panel of the ACER Z5600 ...!!! and I am lost?

Thanks for your help Freeza!

• freeza

Good day Apachemono

I have placed an order for Z5600 so I can run a test. should receive the machine in the next 5-7 working days and it will take me 2 full days to run the test and I will let you know on outcome.

Regards

Freeza

• APACHEMONO

Thank you very much Freeza, I'll keep waiting for your help. Also my environment is ACER Z5600 Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit.

Best Regards,

SP

• APACHEMONO

Freeza any hope of finding a solution..?

I am thinking and thinking why wouldn't I find Pen and Tablet option in the Control Panel? Can the touchscreen go bad too ? I haven't tried with Windows 7 or Xp or any other falvor of Windows 8. I just tried Windows 8 Enterprice 64-bit...whereas for Mile its working great on Windows 8 Pro...but then he had that Pen and Touch options right from the beginning when he posted this OP.

• rickg100
    rickg100 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi Freeza,

I just bought a used AZ5101 and I plan to upgrade it to windows 8 as soon as I get it. Can you send me that driver, or provide a link to where I can grab it?

• Yves
    Yves Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I've the same trouble, may I get the 'magic driver' too ?

• APACHEMONO

Yves did you find the Pen and Tablet option in the Control Panel? What version of Windows 8 did you install and how many bits(23 or 64-bit)