how to fix faulty webcam and unrecognised usb device after factory windows reset

JeanManuelGionet
JeanManuelGionet Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi there i have a nitro 5 i7 gtx1050ti 16gram ssd win10 worked fine until i factory reset my windows i have a faulty webcam that is flickering after windows update and is not found before update  and also a unregognised usb device thaty wont fix i tried all the tricks acer specific drivers windows reset uninstall reinstall device etc and still having that problem i know its nonm mechanical since i never moved my laptop sine i bought it and worked a few minutes before windows reboot thks in advance 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>hi there i have a nitro 5 i7 gtx1050ti 16gram ssd win10 worked fine until i factory reset my windows >>>

(1) Exactly how did you do the factory reset?
    (2) Why did you do a reset if the system worked fine?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>i wanted to do a bios updates afterward but never got to>>>

Try DriverBooster freeware to fix any cam & usb driver problems https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  BIOS update should only be used as a last resort due to the danger of bricking/disabling or creating bad side-effects. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. Now let's try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currently available'. Scroll down to uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Then shut down the machine.

Turn the machine back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear again as in the video below. Reset the machine to factory state again. If this does not fix the problem, there may be a hardware problem. My first guess would be that the video/camera ribbon cable has developed a trace break in the hinge area from opening and closing the screen lid too much. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK, the glasses are OK. But the latest KA71 drivers are for Win8.1 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6767?b=1  I think it should be OK, but can't guarantee it 100%. If you order the glasses from Amazon, it should be an easy return if you're not happy. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>hi there i have a nitro 5 i7 gtx1050ti 16gram ssd win10 worked fine until i factory reset my windows >>>

(1) Exactly how did you do the factory reset?
    (2) Why did you do a reset if the system worked fine?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

hi to you  after many games install  and deinstall had a lot of residue files and i wanted to do a bios updates afterward but never got to since my cam and unrecognised usb  !! got the acer virtual reality kit wanted to be sure to have everything working properly (i opnly have 250 g ssd ) and my reset i did it inside my control panel/security and maintenance/factory reset i even installed all of acer.com driver for my model but they all said to be  the best version already installed went on intel.com and verified if i hadf all latest drivers and i did already have them wen i reinstall acer drivers they detect my equipement but the cam image is pixelised (same as wen im missing or wrong codec on video playback)and wen i reboot they go back to unseen camera and unrecognised usb thank you in advance 
  • JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

hi to you  after many games install  and deinstall had a lot of residue files and i wanted to do a bios updates afterward but never got to since my cam and unrecognised usb  !! got the acer virtual reality kit wanted to be sure to have everything working properly (i opnly have 250 g ssd ) and my reset i did it inside my control panel/security and maintenance/factory reset i even installed all of acer.com driver for my model but they all said to be  the best version already installed went on intel.com and verified if i hadf all latest drivers and i did already have them wen i reinstall acer drivers they detect my equipement but the cam image is pixelised (same as wen im missing or wrong codec on video playback)and wen i reboot they go back to unseen camera and unrecognised usb thank you in advance 

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>i wanted to do a bios updates afterward but never got to>>>

Try DriverBooster freeware to fix any cam & usb driver problems https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  BIOS update should only be used as a last resort due to the danger of bricking/disabling or creating bad side-effects. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

thks you for ur response now it shows but that is what its been doing since windows factory reset
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK. Now let's try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currently available'. Scroll down to uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Then shut down the machine.

Turn the machine back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear again as in the video below. Reset the machine to factory state again. If this does not fix the problem, there may be a hardware problem. My first guess would be that the video/camera ribbon cable has developed a trace break in the hinge area from opening and closing the screen lid too much. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

acer replaced my top camera and wire it was a trace like u said lool thks a lot and that factory reset got me my dolby preinstalled programs and codec back thks
  • JackE
    Congratulations on ACER repairs to camera & wire! Thank you for letting us know. Good luck! =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

but now im trying to find out if these would work with my model of system nitro 5  an515-51 thks in adavnce i cant find any system requirements on the web that specify the equipement in my laptop
    • Nvidia 942-11431-0007-001 3D Vision2 Wireless Glasses Kit
      Cliquez pour afficher une image agrandie

Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Lunettes 3D + récepteur USB 2.0 Émetteur IR

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

oh yes and im using a acer ka271 27inch monitor

• JackE
      This seems like an old model. It may work in Win7 compatibility mode. Do you have a link to where you found this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

well the screen bought in from a friend new in the box sorry thats why im struggling to know if i order the glasses 
    • JackE
      No. Not the screen. I mean the glasses might be older models that may not be compatible with Win10 unless specifically stated. Do you have the link to the glasses you want to order? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
      Answer ✓
      OK, the glasses are OK. But the latest KA71 drivers are for Win8.1 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6767?b=1  I think it should be OK, but can't guarantee it 100%. If you order the glasses from Amazon, it should be an easy return if you're not happy. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JeanManuelGionet

Tinkerer

thks for the support